3 10

User Suspended
      @a2ute

six 4*stars.

what will it take to get into the top 20? Ten 4* stars 

Utes gotta a lot of work to do.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

We need to keep winning the South and have a yearly improvement in our recruit ratings. Our average rating in this class is 87 and Oklahoma’s is 90 / OSU is 91. BYU’s average player rating is 82. When we first joined the PAC 12 or average player rating was closer to 82. So the recruiting talent differential for us now is closer to Oklahoma and Ohio State than it is to BYU.

One of the issues is that we only have 20 scholarships allotments in this class because we have five return missionaries that won’t count. I think 247 needs to rcallibrate how they do class rankings and account for the missionaries in the year they return and sign to play versus the year they leave. Outside of that, it’s a numbers game. Using the 247 class calculator, if we were to sign the final three recruits we are going after we could likely end in the top 25. Or average star rank continues to get higher each year. Right now we are in the top 25 from average star ranking. Usually they say that on field success translates into recruiting success the following season. My understanding is we are already starting to line up some good prospects for 2021.

7 2

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

Why shoot for 25, hell lets shoot for # 1.  I mean as long as we think we’re OSU, we might as well go all in.  

You’ve been whinning for two years that we need to improve in recruiting.  For two years we’ve seen large jumps in recruiting.  Your answer whine some more.  Seriously find a team you like to cheer for.

BulgieUte
        Ute Fan
        @bulgieute

“I think 247 needs to rcallibrate how they do class rankings and account for the missionaries in the year they return and sign to play versus the year they leave. “

I think what your suggesting is a better representation of the incoming talent. The only problem is how accurate would the ranking be? When they rank them before the mission it’s based on current data related to their football abilities and their physical attributes. Those measurables might not be very accurate after a 2 year hiatus from football activities.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Utah would have to join the Big-10 or SEC because honestly the rating systems are pretty skewed toward players getting offers from the blue bloods and there are more blue bloods in the Big-10 and SEC than in the west.

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

Move the school to the south where the higher ranked players are.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What it will take for the Utes to the top 25th recruiting class