What now for Big Ten, Pac-12 fans? A how-to guide for picking your new team

Viewing 5 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Utah

About me: Eventual Pac-12 champion, social media powerhouse and, according to the NCAA, a 2008 national champion.

Matchmakers’ pick: Florida

Why you’ll hit it off: What better way to start a new relationship than, “Hello, fellow 2008 national champion!” Urban Meyer’s path from Salt Lake City to Gainesville seemed to work out pretty well, so why can’t the Utah fan base follow suit? The real answer here, of course, is whoever’s playing BYU.

espn.com article

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Cant do it. I may spend my Saturdays playing the Utes on NCAA 13 on PS3 (I have NCAA 09-13. Why didn’t I buy 14? Sigh.)

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I tend to agree. Without competition from my top five leagues, Pac-12, Big Sky, Northwest, Frontier, and Mountain West, I won’t be glued to my sports bar seat all Saturday long. Some of you are lucky to have high school ball. Jealous.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Well, I’ve already got my teams decided from the other P5’s that I’ll mull over:

SEC: Tennessee <- my least objectionable of all SEC teams (aside from Vandy, but who hates Vandy?)
      ACC: Virginia <- Love me some Thomas Jefferson
      Big-12: Oklahoma State <- Hates Oklahoma, is good enough to compete, and is often a thorn in Texas’ side.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

No thanks, got my Utes DVR’d and that’ll do just fine until we get the real thing. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I love CFB in all its forms, so I’ll still be tuning in if there are games being played. I could watch the Utah College of Massage Therapy vs. Sister Mary Knick Knack. Figured I’d choose a team from each of the remaining big conferences.

SEC: LSU – love Coach O and I’ve got very close friends from Baton Rouge.

ACC: Florida State – fiancé is an alum. Plus at least their jerseys look good. Boo, Jameis, though.

Big12: KState maybe? Just because they’re a Utah-esque team?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

They left out Mullen and Brian Johnson. I think I can cheer for Florida this year

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What now for Big Ten, Pac-12 fans? A how-to guide for picking your new team