What to expect on Saturday??

Viewing 5 reply threads

Peaks
      Ute Fan
      @peaks8

I know the team is dealing with the flu so we’re expected to see a lot of new faces, but what’s this I’m hearing that Luke Bottari is starting?

If so, why is Rose not getting a shot??

I also am hearing that Nate has already left the program? Saturday could get weird fast.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Yeah, I’m starting to hear on X, formerly known as twitter, that Bottari may be starting. Well, it will be interesting. The one other thing I read mentioned there, is that Barnes is injured.

With the Bowls not being tied to a particular order of finish in the league… It’s possible that even if we lose, we could still find ourselves in the Vegas Bowl. You never know.

Utecity
      Ute Fan
      @utecity

I also saw both of those things, first on Twitter and then over on r/UtahFootball. What a strange season it’s been

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Now I’m seeing that Nate Johnson may have left the team. The Intention being to hit the portal…

Peaks
      Ute Fan
      @peaks8

If true this is a weirdly fitting way to end the season.

The thing I can’t wrap my head around though is why would we not give rose a shot? Just seems like a weird thing to me that someone who was projecting to be QB2 at the beginning of the year won’t even get a shot when there are no other options.

UnicycleUte
      Ute Fan
      @unicycleute

I’m assuming the reason they aren’t playing Rose is to preserve his medical redshirt.

1 1

Peaks
        Ute Fan
        @peaks8

But why? I don’t understand that logic because he could leave as soon as the portal opens. If he doesn’t leave he could leave next year or the more likely scenario is we go get a QB in the portal/wilson is ready to take on the role as the starter for the 2025 season. I just don’t understand the logic of persevering a year of eligibility when there is no guarantee that you’ll ever use that eligibility.

tedward
          Ute Fan
          @tedward

Because regardless of whether Utah will use that year of eligibility, Rose probably wants to preserve the year to use somewhere, even if he intends to transfer. Why blow a year of eligibility on one game?

Peaks
            Ute Fan
            @peaks8

That’s valid if it’s him who’s wanting to preserve it.

1 1

Ute2
            Ute Fan
            @ute2

Rose can play and still redshirt. Hes got 4 to play and hasn’t played any right?

Ute2
              Ute Fan
              @ute2

Rumors be wildn’ tonight!

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Not a medical RS. Rose has already redshirted. So, if he want to RS this year, it has to be a medical redshirt. If he plays…then no medical redshirt.

Ute2
                Ute Fan
                @ute2

Ahhhh I see

UTE98
            Ute Fan
            @ute98

Alex Smith…

LOL, just thought I’d answer. Would love it if we have an Alex Smith hiding in our QB room.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Rumor is Rose is sick.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

At JUCO he lit-it up, for more than 2000 yards passing, so it might be interesting to see Bottari.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

The most “entertaining” outcome would be he looks like a world beater and lights it up, then makes the entire fanbase wonder WTF we didn’t start him…

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

Another Drew Lisk game into the sunset. I’ll take it

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

Exactly this ^^^

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What to expect on Saturday??