Where the disappointment comes from

Viewing 2 reply threads
      2 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

On the surface we all would probably agree based solely on pre-season predictions and team turnover that finishing 4th behind three top 10 teams is a good season.  I think where the disappointment comes in is in the games we lost which were pretty much unacceptable, like at Oregon State.  Seriously! Losing to a team that was WINLESS in the Pac-12 is just plain awful.  What were they, like 295?  The way some of those losses shook out, with very dumb mistakes being made in terms of last minute management, are where the disappointment comes in.  

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

But a positive is the way they finished this last game.  I was there and it sure looked like they were setting up for a last minute loss, compounded with the loss of Collette the second half.  

Instead they rose up, led by Bonam and played agressively and smart at the end to seal the victory.  I was there live and it was a really nice win to cap off league play.  I think coach K felt the same way judging by his post game interview.  Hope this translates into some solid finishes the rest of the season.

Stradlater
      Ute Fan
      @stradlater

Positive trend at the right time. Gives me hope.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yes true. If they can put together a string of wins you never know. Assuming we are at our best I’m still not sure we’d have the firepower to beat Oregon, but you never know.  And if we did, then would likely be facing AZ or UCLA in the championship.  It’s fun to dream.

Stradlater
          Ute Fan
          @stradlater

Utah needs one solid game and one nearly perfect game to be a bubble team. Tough but not impossible.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Where the disappointment comes from