which scenario do you prefer?

Viewing 6 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

In either one we win the Pac12 championship.

1. make the playoff, but lose in a kind of competitive game.

2. Go to the Rose Bowl and win easily prompting people to wonder “what if” once again

3 2

Mule
      Ute Fan
      @mule

1. In fact, I’d prefer to make the playoff and lose handily over a Rose Bowl win. Got to make it to see if we can compete!

(That being said, if we make the Rose Bowl, I’ll be thrilled, and will be attending.)

RUUTES
        Ute Fan
        @ruutes

I prefer the scenario where we win every remaining game we play this year. Wherever that ends up being I’ll be happy enough since it would not include Vegas. Rose or CPC matters not. 14-1, Pac12 champ, top 5 and happy as a clam in any event.

UM4G
        Ute Fan
        @um4g

This is my preference as well, UW made it to the playoff and lost and it doesn’t seem to have hurt their recruiting at all… if losing a playoff game had that much of a negative consequence then I have to imagine we wouldn’t be seeing some of these teams back in it year after year…

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Rose Bowl is still bigger to me than the CFP. The CFP has too much to fix still. Winning the PAC12 and going to the Rose Bowl?  It is easily the most exclusive experience in College Football. I am 36 and growing up in Utah 20 years ago I couldn’t imagine a Sugar Bowl win let alone a chance to play for a Rose Bowl. 
      Getting a Rose Bowl in less than 10 years of P12 affiliation is an amazing accomplishment. I am not sure what the future holds for Football as a sport but it will be amazing if Utah wins right now. 

Mule
        Ute Fan
        @mule

Interesting.

Which scenario is better for the program?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

It just isn’t happening so I am not really entertaining the idea in my head. A one loss P12 team will not make it. Oregon possibly has a shot going undefeated through a P5 schedule is impressive. They really should have beat Auburn if not for horrible game management. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I’m with you. I’d rather have that Rose Bowl trophy. But that’s me. I’m a collector at heart, and this is one of six. 😉

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Rose Bowl win. Everything happening now up until the Rose Bowl or CFP is huge for the program. Utes need to finish these last three games strong.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’d say winning the Rose bowl would be the better of the two. Ending on a win rather than a loss is better for the program IMO. More forward momentum 

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Why can’t the 3rd scenario be, Utah wins out, beats an 11-1 Oregon team in PAC-12 title game, makes the CFP and gets to the Title game.

This Utah defense, if it stays healthy can compete with any team out there and Huntley, Moss and company are solid as well.

Beat UCLA and keep the Ute Train rolling!!!

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I’d be happy with whatever situation we find ourselves in by winning the CCG.

If we get into the CCG, that would be great for the league and the program, and would bug the s*** out of the zoobies, who have been insisting for years that: 

(1) …a 2-loss SEC team would get into the CFP ahead of an undefeated Utah team…
      (2) …unless Utah turned in back-to-back undefeated seasons

So if a 1-loss Utah gets into the CFP, on the heels of a 9-5 season the year before, that’ll totally wreck ’em.

If we get into the Granddaddy of them All, that would be great for the program, and would bug the s*** out of the zoobies, who have been insisting for years that:

(1) …Utah is a bottom-feeder in the Pac-10.2, who is perpetually destined for a 5th-place finish in our division…

(2) …and will never play in the Rose Bowl, because Arizona had been in the league for over 40-yrs, and had never played in the Rose, nor won the Pac-10/12.

A Rose Bowl trophy would be a nice addition to our collection of January bowl games.

A Rose vs a CFP bid matters little, as both are a “win” for the Utes. And besides, I graduated from the U back in 2000. And back then, I never would have imagined we’d be in a position where the Rose Bowl was our fall-back plan. It’s great to be a Utah alumnus!

GO UTES!!!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football which scenario do you prefer?