Whitt’s presser and Bishop’s appeal was denied

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The offense put up the best numbers of the season. Barnes played a good game.

Vaki had a great game and averaged over 10 yards per carry. Jackson played well too. Had a lot to do with the Oline.

The defense did great and forced two turnovers.

A lot of good things coming out the game Saturday.

USC has tons of talent and speed. We will have our hands full. We need to do a good job of taking care of the ball.

We didn’t do well on special teams including punting and a missed FG.

You are seeing some teams playing kids both ways. We want to get the ball in the hands of your best athletes. It is a tall order to play both ways. He said he doubts that he will do it with any other players this year.

The USC game always has lots of implications.

He was asked about Williams playing poorly at ND. He said they are looking close at that game.

He was asked about his secondary allowing receivers to be open. His response was that we lead the conference in pass efficiency. But, he admits they will be tested.

He was asked about legacy kids like Ellis and Barton. He said it helps to have that relationship and hopes to do more of that going forward.

The appeal of Bishop’s targeting was DENIED. They have a lot of confidence in Ritchie taking over.

It was out of necessity that we brought Vaki in to play. Vaki is explosive and fast.

Asked about Rising and Kuithe. Just waiting for approval. The possibility of a redshirt has not been investigated yet. It is a possibility that COULD happen. He thinks that it is a “slam dunk” that they could come back if they do not play this season. They CANNOT play at all this season if they are to come back next year.

USC’s offensive numbers are actually better than last season.

Can you afford to play Vaki on offense with Bishop out. Whitt said that it should not make a difference.

The guy who played center (forgot his name) deserved the start and did very well. Fano did not play because of an injury but could play this week.

Barnes knows the offense inside/out. He knows how to manage the offense. He needs to get the chunk plays down the field.

O’Toole played about 25 snaps and played great. He is excited to have both him and Fillinger back in the mix.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Can’t wait to get away from these slobbering knuckle draggers we call refs in the PAC. Honestly one of the worst targeting calls I’ve ever seen.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

It was roughly the equivalent of driving 36 in a 35 mph zone and getting thrown in jail for reckless driving instead of just getting a speeding ticket.

I agree that the refs had the right to call it the way they did by rule but what really bothers me is when targeting is called but personal foul isn’t. On that play, the refs essentially said that hitting the player was within the rules, also known as not defenseless, but that the way Bishop hit him was not within the rules, even though he made a clear attempt to avoid crown of the helmet.

Typical Pac-12 ref call. No other conference would have even reviewed that play, let alone make up interpretations as they went along. But the refs are calling it the way the Pac-12 wants them to and have for years. It’s not going to change at this point.

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

That’s 1 benefit of going to the Big 12 (16 or 17 or 18 or whatever).

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

B12 refs also have their own problems. The B1G and SEC seem to get it right as far as that goes.

8 3

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

May be the Californian influence. They would also like to ban you from eating skittles while you watch football or do anything else. In California there seems to be an interest to regulate over the top, more than anywhere else in the nation. Four schools is influence.

2 6

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

This reply has so much nonsense in it.

bopahull
              Ute Fan
              @bopahull

They did sign a bill banning skittles.

3 2

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

Charlie isn’t wrong. There seems to be new legislation every week codifying something that seems like government overreach in California.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

What part was nonsense?

2 1

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

Of course it is nonsense, the libertarian part of me wants to make my own choice about eating skittles at a football game. Just injecting a bit of humor. However, if you want to know why gas cans are hell to use without spilling and people sneak the old ones in from Canada, you can thank California. I really don’t know if prevailing attitudes in Cali bleed into Pac 12 administration. Sorry if I offended.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Kolinu’u Faaiu. Not sure how you could forget such an easy name to remember (jk if sarcasm meter broken) As always thanks for the summary!

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Always appreciate the write-up.

So did Kump play (in Fano’s absence) with Faaiu taking over at center? Or did Kump get hurt or benched? I guess Maea is still unavailable/hurt.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Kump played but I think just to rest Faaiu – I’m pretty sure Fano (I swear I saw #55 and the participation report backs me up) started at LT but Togiai came in real quick and played there most the game

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Whit simply said Faaiu played better in practice and deserved a chance to play.

Fano did not play because he was banged up. Sounds like he could play this week.

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

Soo you’re saying there’s a chance .. Rising and Kuithe 2024! .. lol

5 2

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

On that note, I think this is the drop dead date for them. If they don’t play this week, we won’t see them this year. I could be wrong, just how I see it.

Dallas
              Ute Fan
              @dallas

Hope I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure neither play this year. Best career move for them both, another year to recover fully, another year of NIL money.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt’s presser and Bishop’s appeal was denied