who do we want to win AZ/UCLA, SC/ASU?

Viewing 11 reply threads

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

since we play all four teams, i guess all that matters is the potential for a rankings advancement. my take is we root for UCLA over AZ since AZ is very close to us in the rankings. we root for ASU over USC for the same reason. god it’s hard for me to root for ASU. am i missing something? let’s assume we beat the ucks for this discussion

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

Either way you slice it, the USC/ASU game is good for us = one of those teams will be 2-2 after this weekend. Right now it looks like ASU has the most problems, and they haven’t been able to fix it yet. But, that said, this is the Pac12 and it seems like everyweek there is some sort of come-back, or upset that happens that turns the conference on their head.

UCLA/AZ is more interesting. Personally, I think we match up with UCLA better, and I believe we have them at home this year (I think) so I am leaning toward wanting them to win – give AZ an early loss and hope they get another one or two down the road.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I think it’s too hard to tell at this point. I guess you could root for USC because they already have a loss and Sark will probably blow another game or two. On the other hand USC still has the best talent in the division.

I think it will take a few more weeks to be able to figure out who we want to lose in games within the division.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

My heart says I want all AZ schools to lose, all the time.

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

I actually like Arizona, but I am rooting against them this season, because I see them as the likely candidate to represent the south in the CCG.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Comes down to this for me. We play ASU at home and USC on the road. We want to win the South. It’s easier to win at home then on the road, so let’s get USC a loss in conference…

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

Our 2014 home and away record would disagree with you, but typically winning at home is easier

2014:

Home: 3-3
        Away: 5-1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

You mean another loss…

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Yes – they will get stronger as the season goes and beating them 2 years in a row, on the road is going to be a challenge.

MTM
        Ute Fan
        @mtm

USC lost to Stanford already so I would have to pull for USC to give ASU a conference loss too.

Then I’d probably root for UCLA over Arizona because I think we have a better chance of beating UCLA at home than AZ in Tucson.

Of course, by that logic I also think we beat ASU at home easier than USC on the road.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

UCLA – better chance to win overall and it’s at home
      ASU – same logic

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

I think you go with who do we have at home this year of the 4 and who is on the road. So I want USC and AZ to lose. I think we can take UCLA and the Solar Zoobs at home this year.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Hah! SolarZoobs…

LiquidUte
      Ute Fan
      @liquidute

Agree. Cheering for UCLA and ASU since we have both at home and we struggle to beat UA anywhere.

Anonymous
      Inactive

We want both UCLA and Utah to win out so the game at RES at the end of November is one of National importance.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Utah needs to win that is what I mostly care about….BUT I will say I don’t like fUCLA and hope they lose. I also want SC to win just to keep Sarkisian another season hopefully. Even though if Sark loses that Notre Dame game he is gone this year.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football who do we want to win AZ/UCLA, SC/ASU?