why does it feel like we never have a “healthy” year?

Viewing 5 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Seems like every season several of our tier 1 key guys are missing extended time, and depth is obliterated behind them. Making me wonder if there is something to what Stevie T said about how hard they ride guys in camp…..everything needs to be considered at this point.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

The amount of leg injuries are really abnormal, but I just can’t bring myself to blame the shoes. I honestly think its just poor luck. Not to mention teams just get more beat up playing against P5 competition week in week out. That is why depth is so damn important. Utah is nearly there in that department, but there isn’t a team in the country that can go through 5 running backs, 3 centers, & multiple WRs/TEs and still play at a high level.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I dont buy the “shoes lead to leg injuries” thing. Its been around forever. Never been any substance to it imo. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

As a test, I went looking for injury reports for University of Maryland. The founder of Under Armour is a Maryland alumni and Maryland is an Under Armour School. Maryland was in the top 10 for rushing offense. Their starting grad transfer tailback just went out with a stress fracture in his foot. Their QB is day-to-day with a shoulder injury. They play on a turf field. So that’s just one injury with proximity to the cleats at a school where Under Armour was born. That should put the speculation to rest.

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Their DB is out with an ACL tear as well…

Anonymous
      Inactive

2008 it felt like Utah was healthy all season and look how that paid off.  Loads of NFL talent on that team to that stayed healthy.
      I have no answers but this has been a seriously bad season that had tons of potential in a wide open conference.  The south isn’t overly strong and I have no clue how good Washington really is. (Usually this means they boat race Utah late when I say that)

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Because we don’t. 

Toopup
      Ute Fan
      @njute

Injuries are rampant in the PAC 12 south, particularly at QB.  Has anyone heard the status of Rosen?  If he is out, only Utah will be starting their opening day starter at QB.  ASU is down to their fourth string QB.  UofA was playing their third string against us. In fairness, the SC change was not injury driven.  Colorado has been playing since the Michigan game with their backup. I don’t think we are significantly worse off than anyone else in the south.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sounds like Rosen is going to sit Saturday:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17779955/jim-mora-ucla-bruins-weigh-josh-rosen-long-term-short-term-health

When you look at UCLA, they rely entirely on Josh Rosen’s arm. Against ASU, Rosen passed for 400 yards, with a passing rating of 144.65, but a QBR of just 43.4. However, UCLA’s net rushing yardage was -1. Now consider that they are playing in Pullman with the forecast calling for a 50-year storm. They can’t run the ball and Rosen had a critical fumble when he lost the ball as he brought it back to pass. The backup QB looked lost and horrible. Even with Rosen, they lose this game against WSU because they can’t run. If I was in Vegas, I’d back up the truck on WSU.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football why does it feel like we never have a “healthy” year?