Why tomorrow’s game is so critical.

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We need some confidence. It’s obvious that our offense has no confidence. We need a good showing before we go any further in conference play.  Winning is critical, but our offense needs to break out of this funk.  If we don’t – it will likely be a very long season. If the offense does well, we will still be in the running for a south championship.

Go Utes?

2 3

User Suspended
      @a2ute

depends on how the Utes win.

an ugly (typical) 19-16 win will not change my opinion. 

War Party U
        Ute Fan
        @warpartyu

Really!? To each their own…any conference win…especially a road win….seriously holding that offense to 16 points!? If that won’t change your opinion, then just go find another username to troll with because damn. I don’t care, that’s a gut check win. Period. All you have to do is outscore your opponenet, and as long as that happens…a win is a win. 

2 1

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Pump the brakes. I’m just saying that if Utah expects to win the South only with a defense it won’t happen….again.

Now if Utah can put up say 30 points ( offensive), then yea, I’m listing

Chidojuan
            Ute Fan
            @chidojuan

I mean, it might happen with just defense the way the South is looking.  Stanford beat SC with essentially defense.  BYU beat AZ without big offensive numbers.  UCLA and Colorado look like they’ll allow a lot of penetration against Utah.  ASU is pretty one dimensional, at least so far.  It’s not likely we’ll win the South with defense, but it’s not impossible.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

I’m confident that we could win by 2+ TDs (that the offense produced) and you would still be on here complaining 5 minutes after the game ended. 

1 1

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

Would you feel good about our offense if we won 14-0?

I know I would feel good about the win, but my thoughts on our offense would go unchanged. It hasn’t been good at all.

KiYi-Ute
            Ute Fan
            @kiyi-ute

If our defense pitched a shutout against Wazzu? F**k yes, I would be ecstatic. And our offense did enough to get the job done. That’s all we’re asking for.

Would you like to be Baylor circa 5 years ago and put up 40+ a game but also allow 40+ a game? That’s not Utah football. I feel like expectations around here are that the offense should put up 35+ points and the defense should allow 10.

A win is a win is a win.

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

Hell. Yes. I would love to be Baylor circa 5 years ago.

Baylor – 

2013: 11-2 record, scored 52.4 ppg, allowed 23.5 ppg

2014: 11-2 record, scored 48.2 ppg, allowed 25.5 ppg

2015: 10-3 record, scored 48.1 ppg, allowed 28.3 ppg

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

Ha ha. Ute fans would want Whitt fires if we were Baylor because if we had a slightly competent defense, we would have been in the playoffs like all the time. 

UteThunder
                  Ute Fan
                  @utethunder

Yep. Our fans would absolutely hate winning 10+ games per year.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Sorry for the double post. But yes, I agree that this win is pivotal for our offense’s mentality. If they can show up and get some swagger and a win, it will be a huge gain for the mentality of the team and be a big plus going into the ‘Furd game.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why tomorrow’s game is so critical.