Women’s Basketball

Viewing 3 reply threads

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

Any chance of getting the Women’s BB schedule on the Ute Hub app? They should have another good team this year. When will the Men’s BB schedule be posted on the app?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for posting these questions. As admin I have to manually enter every season, game, score, etc for whatever sports are in the sports schedules section.  I started out with just football because it is so popular, and also did men’s basketball.  For one season I spent the time, many hours mind you, to setup gymnastics.  Nobody seemed to notice or care if I did that so I stopped spending the time. As a one-man operation I have to try to budget my time toward things that the users want the most. You are the first to ask about women’s basketball so as of now there doesn’t seem to be a ton of interest in adding that.  It would probably take 2-3 hours of solid work to set it up.  Then there would be maintenance each week of the season to enter game times, scores and TV coverage. It is possible that I could do this if the demand was there, or I could possibly setup someone’s account to have access to “administer” that part of the site.

Any thoughts? Oh, MBB will be coming soon. 

Hahnenwk
        Ute Fan
        @hahnenwk

I am a season ticket holder for mens and womens basketball. I appreciate any news on these sports (as well as gymnastics). However the information being asked for is easily available on utahUtes.com and don’t feel it is worth your time to duplicate it here.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Thanks for the comments. I DO, however, think the schedule and roster on the Ute Hub app is easier to read and get to though. 

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
          Ute Fan
          @alaskasteveutealum

Tony, thanks for the info. The U had a great free app a few years back that had all of the athletic and academic information most people needed, but discontinued supporting it. In searching for a replacement, I came across the Ute Hub. It’s great what the app provides for users, but the amount of work needed to provide access to all of the U’s athletic programs is too much to expect. Thank you also for the effort supporting this app.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I’m not sure but you may be confusing the Ute Hub app with another app.  I didn’t cover all of the athletic and academic information.  Read your post wrong… Yes they DID have an app that did that. Even they found it to be too much work apparently!

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

That dystopia poster has everyone’s less popular Ute sports covered.  

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

For those who don’t block him with the newly fixed ignore feature. LOL

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

dystopiamembrane

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

Why not just provide a link to the Utah Utes Sports official site. It has all the sports, schedules, rosters, stats, etc., that you could possibly want. You shouldn’t have to develope and add schedules that are readily available.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

That’s really all dystopiamembrane does.  He copies-&-pastes/plagiarizes UtahUtes.com all the time, and considers that a contribution.

Personally, I think it’s lame, but it’s a free country.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I have always considered myself and my actions lame.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

PS What’s it like in Philadelphia? I hear y’all got great sandwiches.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I DO plan to continue to keep the Utah Football schedule and roster every year.  I like having it here in the website and the app.  I think it is easier to navigate and read. MBB too.  If demand arises I can add others but for now this is the plan unless someone who has a desire to contribute wants to take over responsibility for another genre. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Women) Women’s Basketball