Yeah, Deivon is

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Going to make this team better. He’s an athlete e haven’t had.

4 7

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

I think once he settles in, he can unlock the team’s true potential. Utes have a lot of shooters and what they need most is a playmaker to get everyone involved. Wooster is nothing more than a MWC guard.

4 2

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Worster is much better than you are giving him credit. Deivon is dynamic and will get more minutes.

2 1

Minnesota Ute
          Ute Fan
          @minnesotaute

Rollie is no better than a MWC guard is an asinine statement. I’m not saying he’s god’s gift either but I’ve watched a lot of Utah basketball over three decades, he is pretty good. He and Deivon will complement each other nicely.

NorthernUte
        Ute Fan
        @northernute24

MWC isn’t a bad basketball conference, not sure that is as much of a burn as you think it is lol

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

I just hope coach Smith gets him more minutes. I know he trusts Wooster with the ball. Seems our offense becomes stagnate as the game wears on. We have shooters but nobody to set them up. Our half court offense is not good at the end of games. Wooster is our only reliable ball handler and everyone watches him dribble until the clock runs out. Smith gives us another ball handler that can finish at the rim and much harder to contain without help freeing up others

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

He seems to be very skilled at entry passing, which is NOT a strong capability on this team so far this season and I like his quickness. His shot scares me a little but so too does Rollie’s. I am just glad to see we have a quick, athletic point which will help us down the stretch. It is one of this team’s most glaring weakness and gets exposed when we play teams like Houston and St. Johns which we likely will if we make the tournament this year.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Smith will help no doubt. He has awesome highlights from GT but it is interesting how much is steals and assists. He was not a point machine but plays good defense. Very nice addition. Wooster is not all Pac-12, however, we would be lost without him. Oddly, Erickson has shown the best flashes of entry passes but mostly to Kata. Not consistent but very good when it happens. However, he often throws the ball away in exterior passing. I like that coaches are trying to pick up interior passing which should be a thing with so many big men. We need avoid it when the big is double teamed. With the number of shooters this should be there. I think it all gets better as Smith gets into the offensive flow. Wish he was playing from the start. Last night we had other new faces. I am thinking Carlson is coming back from being sick and maybe some others? I do enjoy watching this team.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.