You can all give me thumbs up now for correctly predicting pretty much

Viewing 7 reply threads
      4 20

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

everything that is happening to our team rn.

I said all offseason not to buy into the hype. I said all offseason that Brewer was more likely to be a Bentley than a Huntley. I said all offseason that this year would be more excuses from fans/coaches/players about the offensive line, and that it wouldn’t be any better than last year (same coach, same issues). I questioned the offseason hype from the coaches and certain other prominent posters.

I did not predict a losing record this far into the season. I did not make any predictions about our record at all… because assuming you know what is going to happen after our best running back maybe ever dies tragically at the end of the season is a waste of time.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

While I’m not surprised about the terrible line play (just based on our worthless o-line coach) I am surprised by Brewer. I watched this kid game at Baylor. I did think he was the missing peace. He would cover up our o-line play and LLC of run game since we lost Ty Ty. His ability to read defenses, game manger at an elite level and not turn the ball over. That’s what I expected. I knew BYU would be tough. But it would be a shootout and we would beat them or barely lose snd than dominant SDSU. that had been the biggest shock to me. I knew the D would be good. But not great this year. Outside of our backers we just don’t have the experience. The D will still be better than majority of the pac. But not traditional Utaj dominate D. But Brewer would make up for it.

Man, was I wrong. I legitimately don’t understand how he looks the way he looks. Yes the line hasn’t been great. But, he plays with no emotion, no fire, terrible throws, no arm strength I don’t get it.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Congratulations, here’s your cookie.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

The transfer portal similar to the JC route is turning out to be somewhat of a crap shoot. Very interesting head scratcher how the local media, coaches, and players during camp interviews and off season discourse had this season pegged as one of Utah’s best teams. As fans, with zero access, expectations are shaped by the sources closest to the program and in the best position to tell the story.

Concerning is Utah lost to a MW SDSU team that overall also did not play very well with their back up QB. Starting P12 play it’s shaping up to be a very interesting season with Utah starting conference play against a significant higher level of talent.

AlaskanUte
      Ute Fan
      @kenaiute

Don’t get hurt patting patting yourself on the back

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Nah… that’s what you guys are here for 

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

When you say “all offseason”, do you mean like one post in 10 months – and in that one post you are speculating that he could be great or no better than Bentley? What a man! We can access your post history.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

What are you looking for out of your post? Recognition? Ok, you have some valid comments. The truth is, Utah played only 5 games last year, opted out of a bowl game (a mistake IMO), had it’s best player pass away, brought in a bunch of new players, has had a myriad of guys hurt on the o-line, and then went up against teams that played 13 games last year, hell, even Weber St. was playing in spring time. So while the season is thus far very disappointing, the jury is still out on what this team can become by the end of the season going through a full schedule, and even within the next few games with Cam Rising and seats moved around for guys on the o-line, this team can refine itself into something more than what it has shown thus far. One thing that will help Utah immensely is a QB that will run the ball himself and pass to receivers, not just back and TE’s. I still have some optimism. If Thomas can digest the message of hold onto the ball or don’t play, and if he can become a more featured back, we could see a contender in a soft southern division. 

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Validation… sweet sweet validation.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

Are we supposed to admire you or something?  I usually just lurk on posts but this was a huge eye roller. Congrats.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Supposed to admire me? I think that’s a little strong… a little

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

For the record, it was intended to be an eye roller of a post. You should feel proud that you caught on to that.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Wow….You’re a regular Nostradamus.

2 3

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I know right? It’s almost like I looked at what has happened in the near past, surmised that oure coaches are exactly the same as they were last year, and just assumed things would continue to be the same.

I think the biggest thing to remember is that year to year improvement of players is not nearly as drastic as we fans sometimes think it will be. If a player gets plenty of playing time on year, and plays a certain way, they are probably going to play that same way going forward. Very few players make huge jumps in performance from year to year.

We had a losing record last year with an all time great freshman running back who is now gone. Our offensive line was garbage in pass blocking last year. It was going to be garbage this year as well. Even if Brewerently was way better than Bentley (he’s not, very similar stats against inferior competition in the Big12), the fact that our offensive line can’t block the viane moala’s of the world in practice is an indication that Brewerently was never going to be much of a difference maker.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football You can all give me thumbs up now for correctly predicting pretty much