Viewing 5 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

4 1

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

What….fake news! God’s university would never allow attendance to games diminish over time. That’s why they added more seating!!! 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

They have long been propped up by cheap gimmicks as well. Hell I can’t even get people to throw me free tickets to the U games anymore. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

^This

BYU-P is long known for doing gimmicks. Two of the most common:
        1. $5 ticket vouchers with any purchase at Hogi Yogi (yes, this is an actual gimmick they’ve done)
        2. Free ticket giveaways to local LDS stakes.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Don’t forget ROC tickets for UVU students… then when they still couldn’t fill the section the offered to Westmister students. Apparently they think students at a Libral Arts school are sort into Conservative Values and Sports. Brilliant idea.

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

Cheap gimmicks? Yea, they do that with there tuition as well.  Imagine if Byup had tuition rates similar to what they think they are ( Ivy League).

+6 kids x 60k per year(4)  = That’s almost 1.5 million per family.

That’s a lot of essential oils to be sold!

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

“That’s a lot of essential oild to be sold!”

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Most community colleges are more expensive than tuition at byu. That is the reason the demand is so high, and why they can be so selective and pick only the highest GPA candidates. If byu were to charge even $10k to $15k for tuition (let alone $55k+ like Ivy League) you would see a huge dropoff.

Utah and USU were about 50% more expensive last time i checked.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Solid crack. Hate nearly everything you post but that was gold.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Interesting…

10,000 more fans yet 30% of the atmosphere.  

I wouldn’t trade our gameday experience for anything.

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

Yup. Autzen isn’t much bigger. ASU, UCLA and USC have 60 or 70k+ and never fill out. We’re good as we are. Also, tv land is about to change and network revenue is under attack. We should shore up and focus on doing what it takes to save the conference. It should not be assumed the PAC12 exists in ten years. If they can, the top brands will consolidate. I’d focus on saving and footing teams that win to save a place at the table.

3 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Cal did a renovations a few years back and reduced the amount of seats. It is the way the world is going. I imagine in 40-50 years most people won’t even attend the games. 

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

50 years most stadiums will be under water the way things are going.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Well it is 12 years actually. That is why the Obama family dropped millions on a mansion in Martha’s Vineyard. 

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

I’d trade it for Oregon’s, Washington’s, WSU, OSU and sometimes Cu in the P12. OU is top notch and total class rolling out the red carpet for visiting fans.

Prohibiting alcohol sales on campus is just stupid. Our north corridor is a death trap. Foid options agree pretty weak if you aren’t into corn dogs.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Wow, after the 2017 4-9 season attendance dropped 7%.  Given that it was after the poor season, that was probably a drop in season tickets, on top of the drop of 4% from 2018 to 2017 (perhaps more due to a drop in individual game ticket sales on the back part of the home sched).

The Holy Cougar
      Ute Fan
      @theholycougar

Embarrassing no doubt. My question is why can Utah no sellout the game at LES?  Embarrassing for both programs (more so BYU). 

Funny to note byu still averages more than RES holds. 

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Have you been LES? F**k that place. It’s a miserable experience for many Utah fans. If you aren’t a mormon is full on creepy and uncomfortable.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

“Funny to note byu still averages more than RES holds.”

Not for long. RES will hold around 51K post South endzone renovation scheduled to be done by the start of the 2021 season. By then if the trends continue BYU will be averaging under 50K, possibly well under if they have any more 4 win seasons.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.