Fire Roderick finally and keep Hardy on as the only OC

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Who do you bring on as a QB coach? I would love to get Chow back. Whitt has a habit of getting a retirement village up on the hill. Not complaining Erickson has recruited the best talent. What other options? I don’t think Johnson comes back.

P.I.
      Ute Fan
      @finnute

I disagree with the idea of firing ARod. ARod turned more conservative as the season went on in part due to injuries and limited playmakers on the offensive side. He’s a very good recruiter and important for the stability we need on offense. We can’t keep changing OC’s. That said, I fully agree that we need a new QB position coach who has experience playing the position and can raise the level of QB play at Utah. I’m hoping Whitt or Erickson’s connections would allow them to find a strong candidate. BJ or Chow might be OK, but I would also not mind seeing someone new to Utah, maybe a successful QB coach from a non-P5 conference looking to move up in the level of competition.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Roderick never improved the wide outs. He recruited Wilson and never improved the QB’s. He left Utah twice I just don’t trust the guy. Hardy has done great since getting here.

Anonymous
        Inactive

“Roderick never improved the wide outs. He recruited Wilson and never improved the QB’s. He left Utah twice I just don’t trust the guy. Hardy has done great since getting here.”

I think the argument could be made that Wilson hit his ceiling early on and there was no more improvement to be made. The real crime has been the staff’s inability to recruit someone with the ability to supplant Wilson.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I have yet to hear of anyone that has any substantiated evidence that a QB coach will be hired.

Not that I don’t want one to be hired – I most definitely do – but I think that was just something stirred up by people on UF.N that got solidified into a “rumor”.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I am not repeating a rumor I think it is an obvious fact that Utah needs improvement on the offensive side of the ball. You can easily point to a QB coach, I wouldn’t mind even someone put in as a recruiting coach on the offensive side of the ball. Wilson regressed because defenses could easily scheme for him. Now that comes down to coaching and scheme IMO.

I have said get rid of Roderick for years now.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Wilson regressed because he had flawed mechanics and could not process and read defenses. He reached his ceiling and there was nothing more. The coaches game planned around it, figuring they could win with the run game alone, plus stellar D and special teams. Problem is that most teams can scheme to defend a one dimensional offense even if it’s carried by a player of Booker’s caliber.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Fire Roderick finally and keep Hardy on as the only OC