I predict NO Cal Letdown

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Was just listening to coach Whittingham tonight on ESPN700 on the way home from work. I’m confident we will be focused and ready for Cal in 11 days.

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

What’s Whitts record coming off a bye? I think it’s pretty good.

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

I think it was perfect until we joined the Pac12 I think we’ve dropped 1 or 2 since then

FormerUteSax
          Ute Fan
          @formerutesax

We beat Michigan and OSU coming off byes last year
          Lost to UCLA and ASU after byes in 2013
          Lost to USC in 2012
          Lost to Washington in 2011

2-4 after bye weeks, I believe, since joining the PAC12. Not a great record

JDub1942
            Ute Fan
            @jdub1942

Yes, but most of those losses were against teams who were clearly better than Utah. And the game against UW we fumbled the opening kickoff and Jordan Wynn went down and John Hayes came in soooo…

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

If not perfect, it’s damn close to perfect coming off of a bye week.

Anonymous
        Inactive

2-4 since joining the PAC-12. Let’s not get so optimistic we start giving each other sexual favors just yet. I’m still worried about Cal and their stud QB.

DANgerous
      Ute Fan
      @dangerousute

I agree, no let down, but I don’t think we will see another blowout. Cal’s offensive strengths are much different than Oregon. Their accurate quarterback (understatement) and talented receivers are a whole different problem for this defense to deal with. I think Oregon’s offense was especially susceptible to a dominating interior D-line.

I predict no let down and a possible double digit win, but not a blow out.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Utah is SIGNIFICANTLY better on Special Teams. That will help. Cal has not yet faced a Defensive front 7 like we have, and they will struggle to run against us. We have significantly upgraded our speed in the LB and Secondary, and that will help. Coach Pease doesn’t mix in the Corner/Safety/LB blitzes the way Sitake did, which takes away the hot reads that burned us so badly in the past (see WSU last year). Goff is a master at hitting those.

Cal’s defense is improved this year, but they also gave up 650 yds to Texas, which is almost as many yards as Texas has put up in its other three games COMBINED. I can’t wait to see what they and WSU do to each other this weekend.

If we stay on the Plus side of turnovers and contain their run game, and impose our run game and efficient passing game, we win this by 2 TDs. Even if Goff tears it up passing.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I predict NO Cal Letdown