i swear i just heard travis is going to sr. bowl on fox radio LA

Viewing 4 reply threads

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

i may have misheard but they were definitely talking about travis going somewhere…..

edit. they could have been talking about the nflpa but that’s old news.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by oc_ute.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Maybe he’ll announce it on his new Twitter account. Is that what’s in the header?

Anonymous
      Inactive

He may have a place in the NFL as a TE, but definitely not a QB. His release and accuracy issues make Tebow look like an All Pro.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I dont think he has an accuracy issue. He has elite measurables, and can make all the throws. His struggles are all mental, and maybe some NFL team will see that as, maybe with the right coaching he could be something. We’ll see.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I’ll agree with you on the mental, but disagree on the elite measurables.

NFLPA Bowl is for fringe players to show their goods to NFL scouts. A friend’s son, Cody Clay, played in it last year. Cody was at one time being recruited by Utah by Norm Chow for the OL. He ended up playing at Azusa Pacific where Jackie Slater is the OL coach. Jackie Slater is also an OL coach for the NFLPA Bowl game. Cody singed as a free for Dallas this past summer and played in some preseason games until he suffered a detached bicep. There were 23 FCS players on the NFLPA rosters.

I watched about 5 minutes of that NFLPA game and switched it back to Maryland @ Mich St basketball. The level of play was bad. I checked the stat line for Wilson and he was 7-10 for 66 yards and no INTs. That’s about average for him in terms of Yards per Catch. I understand he had 2 fumbles, but both must have been recovered because they didn’t show in the stat line.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This link is to the review and grading for Travis Wilson’s performance in the NFLPA Bowl:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/25/college-nflpa-bowl-grades-nationas-quarterbacks-fare-well-in-win/

Sounds like the Travis Wilson we’re all too familiar with.

MTM
      Ute Fan
      @mtm

Travis fumbled twice late in the game. Otherwise, I thought he looked good. 7/10 with 1 drop. Throws were a mix of screens, outs, and crossing routes. Made a really good read on a naked bootleg for a first down.
      It was all under center stuff which he’s never played.
      He won’t get drafted but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in an NFL camp this summer.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football i swear i just heard travis is going to sr. bowl on fox radio LA