Media

Viewing 5 reply threads

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

Does anyone love rivalry week more than the media? Most of the Ute fans I know are mostly indifferent about this game and are looking forward to the Pac12 games. All I’ve heard all week is how real fans of college football want this game player every year.

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

Personally, I’m a lot more excited about the PAC 12 games. This game is really meaningless these days.

Norm Chow sums it up perfectly for me: “The game means a lot more, obviously, with the conference alignment to BYU than it does to Utah,” Chow said. “If Utah doesn’t get it, it’s not a big deal. It is a big deal, but it really isn’t as far as their goal, which is to win the Pac 12 South.”

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by javadave.

autahfan
      Ute Fan
      @autahfan

People have forgotten what it’s like losing to the Cougars. Trust me. We do not want to lose to BYU in anything, ever. They are possibly more insufferable than we are after a win. We’ve outgrown the rivarly? That’s exactly what we heard from them constantly in the 80s. Let’s not lose!

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

It’s a no win for us. If we beat them, so what? Of course we did. If we lose, and we will someday, it’d be devastating.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

What if we beat them 70-7?

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

I thought Pac-12 membership plus 54-10 would shut them up forever. Less than a year later, people were crying about how Chris Hill was afraid to play them in 2014 and 2015.

We could beat them 70-7 and it wouldn’t matter. Next year at this time, the local media will still rave about how BYU’s talent level is comparable to Utah’s and what an amazing rivalry this is.

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

No doubt the local media LOVES this game. I myself have a certain amount of nostalgic respect for it, and enjoy it when we win. Losses still sting, and I know they will eventually beat us, but that’s just the way it goes. I look at this year’s game as a chance to see what kind of progress we have made from week 1. I want to see how our O-Line responds to their somewhat uninspired play from last week. I want to see more of what Troy Williams (TWill?) can do against a better defense. I want to see what kind of improvement we have in the WR ranks. I want to see what our D is capable of bringing this year. I want to see who’ll emerge in the RB game. This is a chance to see some UTAH FOOTBALL. And if we can beat a team who’s fans tormented my youth, then that just makes it a little bit sweeter.

BungalowUte
      Ute Fan
      @bungalowute

The local media loves this week because it is pretty much a week off for them. That’s why they were so mad at Chris Hill when he announced there was going to be a hiatus in 2014-15.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.