Predict the Score – Utes at Oregon

Viewing 30 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Let’s have a little prediction contest to go along with the first ever poll here at Ute Hub. Most users apparently think the Utes will win a close battle.

Post your score prediction in this thread.

Ntwrk
      Ute Fan
      @ntwrk

31-28 Utes

Anonymous
      Inactive

36-31 Utes by five.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Oregon- 41
      Utah – 31

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

35-24 Ducks.
      I hope I’m wrong.

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

Utah 34 Oregon 30

ragtownute
      Ute Fan
      @ragtownute

42-27 Utah

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

My head says
      Oregon 38
      Utah 24

My heart says
      Oregon 21
      Utah 28

Homer Crimson
        Ute Fan
        @homercrimson

Same- head = Ducks 35
        Utes 28

heart = Utes 34
        Ducks 31

bigmanUTE
      Ute Fan
      @bigmanute

27-24 utah

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

38 – 35 Andy Phillips wins the game with a 42 yard field goal. How’s that for specific?

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

Sigh. I just think post injury Travis is going to be tentative. (We’ve seen it before) It will produce a slow start that Utah will never dig itself out from. There’s no way to play it safe with Wilson’s health and put points up against PAC-12 schools.

Oregon 36, Utah 20

Then, after the by week, we get balls-to-the-wall Bulldog back.

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Ducks 41
      Utes 27

Duck pour it on in the 4th qtr.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

I think the Ute defense will show some new wrinkles this game and Sake Lake City will make a resurgence, and keep Oregon under 30.

Utah’s offense doesn’t anything amazing most of the game except for one breakaway touchdown on a slant route from Wilson to Covey. The defense gives the offense some short fields that allow them score often enough to keep the game close.

Like happened so many times last year, our kicking game ends up being a key part of Utah scoring drives and Phillips gives us the points we need to end the game on top!

Utah 30 Oregon 28

GO UTES!

JDub1942
      Ute Fan
      @jdub1942

Utah 31 Oregon 17

DANgerous
      Ute Fan
      @dangerousute

Utah 27
      Ducks 31

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

31-28 Ducks

The Lone Wolf
      Ute Fan
      @thelonewolf

The Utah O is currently sitting at 107th nationally in passing yardage, 69th in rushing yardage, and 106th in points scored. And this is against two relatively lousy and one average team.

Utah only managed 3 offensive TD’s against a putrid Fresno D, with one on a play action pass in garbage time. Utah only out-gained Fresno by 15 yards. Special teams play was the difference and I don’t expect Utah to score 3 non-offensive TD’s against Oregon. Utah only out-gained USU by 46 yards . Even lousy Washington with a Freshman QB out-gained USU by 188 yards.

Somehow this Utah D is worse than last year despite all the returning talent. And the O is downright dreadful. It really is the Devonte Booker show. Utah loses big unless there are a pair of talented WR’s, a QB that can pass, and a creative play caller hidden on the bench somewhere.

45-24 Ducks

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

Calling USU “lousy” is a stretch. I’m willing to bet USU and Michigan put a LOT of time in prepping for Utah.

The offensive woes at Fresno were due to Wilson being out and relying on Kendall for our passing game, which is not his thing at all.

Could you provide specific examples of how the defense is “worse” this year? I believe that people are putting to much emphasis on our lack of sacks and one quarter of the Fresno game where the defense was already packing for the bus.

Hockeybeard
          Ute Fan
          @hockeybeard

This^^ – You

KNOW

that Wells and USU took prep time away from SUU to use to evaluate the Utah v. Mich tape. USU’s offensive looks were completely different against us, and we STILL shut them down once we had time to adjust. Wilson goes out in the 2nd quarter and we still comfortably win. USU is far from ‘terrible’.

Wilson’s Mustache
            Ute Fan
            @sigmaute

There is no doubt in my mind that USU was prepping for Utah when they should have been game planning for SUU.

The Lone Wolf
            Ute Fan
            @thelonewolf

I think USU is a bad team. The Anderson magic is gone and the Mark Weber effect is taking place with that O-line. 9-6 at home against SUU is inexcusable. They got lit up by a bad Washington team.

That game was still within reach late in the fourth. Utah’s defense made a few great plays that ended the game, but Chuckie was moving the ball at will for much of the game. Oregon is going to move the ball against Utah this weekend.

Wilson’s Mustache
              Ute Fan
              @sigmaute

I disagree that Washington “lit up” USU. That game was a lot closer than the final score indicates and no one has any idea how good or bad Washington may be.

The Lone Wolf
          Ute Fan
          @thelonewolf

Utah isn’t applying pressure like they were last year. Losing Orchard was big.

Wilson’s Mustache
            Ute Fan
            @sigmaute

I think it has less to do with personnel than it does with scheme. Utah just isn’t blitzing, even Whittingham has admitted to as much.

UteStuckInSeattle
            Ute Fan
            @utestuckinseattle

Actually, the pressure is there but it’s a different scheme. We’re not sending as many blitzes so that we can have more coverage in the secondary which you can see in the big uptake in interceptions this year.

Teams are also well aware of our defensive prowess and tenacity for getting after the quarterback. You’re seeing a lot more 3 step drops so that opposing QBs can get the ball out quicker. This alone drops the chance for sacks a lot.

Coach Pease has specifically addressed this multiple times and stated that there has been a slightly different defensive focus this year.

Additionally, I don’t doubt we’ve seen some “vanilla” schemes give the level of competition.

I bet we’ll see Sack Lake City start to show again when conference play starts.

mokus
              Ute Fan
              @mokus

With zero INTs in the Fresno game, Utah is still tied for 13th for most INTs this season. (5, 1st is Cal with 8). But if we are going to keep up that trend, I ‘m ok with being Pick Lake City.

oc_ute
            Ute Fan
            @ocute

is anyone old enuf to remember the dallas cowboys “flex” defense? it’s about containment. fewer sacks. the goal is nobody gets thru. totally a stop the run first scheme. that’s what i’ve seen for the most part. watch the DL play off of blocks. this theory flies in the face of the infamous bull rush video though

Hockeybeard
              Ute Fan
              @hockeybeard

The bullrush our DTs are getting is inherently going to stop the run. 5 yards into the backfield when the QB/RB mesh happens? I’ll take that ANY DAY.

And I’ll echo what another poster said – DT penetration is going to be HUGE for us in upsetting the zone read. The zone read relies upon uniform OLine blocks flowing playside and the RB reading the holes and watching for a cutback. Our Defense is tailor-made for stopping that with quick upfield penetration by the DTs combined with fast flowing LBs and contain oriented DEs. I think we will be surprised at how effective we are at stopping Oregon’s run offense.

The question becomes – can Vernon Adams beat us by passing the ball?

Evolved Ute
        Ute Fan
        @evolvedute

Unfortunately I’m with Lone Wolf. I looked up our numbers yesterday and I just can’t follow the rest of the lemmings off of the cliff. I think we lose by at least 20. Our offense is horrible and with Arod in the Drive resembling a cowering rat or side character in Breaking Bad and the defense is just pedestrian.

Having said that, we have some really talented players on both sides of the ball so maybe my gloom and doom is just my curse.

Here’s hoping for the best but logic and my pessimism is pointing to a huge loss.

Cpaasa
        Ute Fan
        @cpaasa

Our starting quarterback has only played 6 of the 12 quarters this season. I have a feeling we will be much improved in this game. One of the team goals this year is to beat Oregon. This is going to happen.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

3-0 Utah…

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Obviously this will never happen, but I wonder when the last time Oregon was shut out.

THEeyepatch
          Ute Fan
          @theeyepatch1

But it’s funny right? Get a grip, Utah wins this game 30-27

Umanami
      Ute Fan
      @umanami

35-31 Utah. Go Utes!

Washington
      Ute Fan
      @missouriute

38-17 Utes win the D shows their dominance (like a bondage relationship).

Utenut
      Ute Fan
      @utenut

Having worked in Portland for 5 years and hainge been to a game at Autzen the atmosphere is crazy. I want the Utes to win naturally but it will have to be a monumental effort. Hate to say it, I’I’m almost gagging but Ducks 47, Utes 31.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Utah 38 Organ 28

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

Utah wins 27 – 21

Carl Barton
      Ute Fan
      @cbarton

Utes 34-31

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

Head
      Oregon – 42
      Utah – 30

Heart
      Utah – 37
      Oregon – 35

Born-A-Ute-PDX
        Ute Fan
        @stingeymail

Yeah… I think I’m with GadValley on this.

Normally I would have driven down to Eugene for the game, but, unfortunately, its my 21 wedding anniversary, so I wont be doing that this year. I may not even get to watch the game live… Damn priorities and stuff.

Pangloss
      Ute Fan
      @pangloss

31 – 21, Hopefully Utah

BuckeyeUte
      Ute Fan
      @buckeyeute

35 Utah – 31 Oregon

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

35-31, Utah.

Uterider
      Ute Fan
      @uterider

Ducks 48
      Utes 17

Don’t hate me because I’m realistic. They are the one team in the Pac 12 which we can’t make play ugly. They’ll score 24 in the last 14 minutes.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You know I really like how this thread keeps getting bumped up with the prediction rather than too many posts about the same thing.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

35-28 Utah

Viewing 30 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Predict the Score – Utes at Oregon