Predictions for Thursday?

Viewing 8 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

How many sacks? How many TDs will Williams throw?  Rushing TDs?  Pick sixes? What are some things you predict or want to see happen?

I think we will see Joe Williams 60+ for a rushing touchdown.

I also think we will see Troy Williams to Patrick for a long touchdown.

Defense is going to score possibly two touchdowns. Fitts will score one of them and let’s say Marcus Williams with the other.

Sorry SUU this isn’t going to be a pretty game to watch.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I have the Utes scoring 50-60 points. The D “may” give up 7-14 points, depending on garbage time. The starting D might pitch a shutout.

Joe Williams 135 yards.
      Troy Williams 275 yards and will sit a lot of the 4th.

Agree. Nice of SUU to play and all that, but it will be ugly for them.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

I’m not really expecting an offensive exhibition.  I just hope we look efficient, we get our young guys (especially on the d-line) some quality playing time, and nobody gets hurt.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle
      • Troy Williams: 225 yds / 2 passing TDs / 1 rushing TD / 1 INT (he’ll get a little greedy and want another big play just before he sits halfway through the 3rd quarter)
      • Tyler Huntley: 115 yards / 1 TD / 1 INT (his first series, getting used to the big stage, but then he’ll settle down in the 4th quarter and manage the game well)
      • Joe Williams: 120 yards / 2 TDS ( with a 60+ yard scamper just before halftime)
      • Andy Phillips: 2 FGs
      • 2 INTs (1 being a pick 6) from the “Legion of Ute”. SUU will stop throwing the ball in the 2nd half cause they’ll determine it’s not worth it.
      • 2 forced fumbles by the Ute D-Line
      • 6 sacks between Fitts and Dimick

55-7 Utes roll!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Also, I think our play calling will be pretty straight. We won’t be showing a lot of our plays or formations. Or perhaps, certain formations may be decoys in preparation for the following week.

UteStuckInSeattle
          Ute Fan
          @utestuckinseattle

Yup, we’re going to play pretty vanilla but we’re superior in every aspect of the game compared to SUU so this game will only be close for about half of the 1st quarter.

Anonymous
            Inactive

I want to see Fulks and of course McCormick. Speed kills.

GoUtes
            Ute Fan
            @goutes

I heard Pease on with espn700 and he was saying that you hold some things back week 1 regardless of the opponent. He said that they didn’t show everything against Michigan last year either. Do you think that this is due to trying to withhold some things for the benefit of surprising future opponents? Or just that you can’t possibly use everything in your arsenal in one game?

ChooseTheRed
      Ute Fan
      @choosethered

No injuries and a convincing enough “W” are all that I really care about for this one.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

35-3. 21-0 end of the first quarter, yards mostly on the ground. Shut it down early is my prediction

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

We start slow. Im pretty confident of this. We have a lot of new pieces and a lot of jelling to do. A lot of guys who havent been key guys are going to be. Im confident they will be good in the long run but it might not get off to the smoothest start. Dont be surprised if the score is within 17 at half.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

I think the Utes destroy Southern Utah. I predict a 56-10 score.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I will miss the first half of the game on my train commute home. In other words, the game will be effectively over and Huntley will be getting reps.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Predictions for Thursday?