Scout 4 Star JC LB/Saftey commit today

Viewing 4 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Marquise Blair…another really nice get for the Utes.  Talent just keeps improving up on the hill.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

the film looks good ———

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I know we had some “great talent” in the defensive backfield this year, but we sure got burned deep a lot. I hope we can address that next season with some improving talent and better coaching.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Yeah perhaps the perceived weakness at LB this past year helped give hope to some highly rated LB’s, like this one, that they’d see plenty of PT even as a newcomer.

UnicycleUte
      Ute Fan
      @unicycleute

It looks like he might be more of a safety, and that could allow Chase to move to LB. A LB/Safety combo of Hansen and Blair would make for some very interesting blitz packages, and against pass happy offenses it would be beneficial to have somebody as athletic as Hansen playing LB.

It will be interesting to see how we fit the pieces together on defense, but we sure are getting some big defensive recruits this year.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

How many pounds can Chase put on, and if he does can he be as fast an athletic?  He’s a bit small to be a pure linebacker at the moment.

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

Not sure if you noticed but chase essentially played as an LB a good part of last season. It’s a hybrid S/LB spot that Morgan loves. I’m guessing blair will play a similar role

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I noticed.  I just don’t think he has the size or physical endurance to be a full time linebacker, yet.

UnicycleUte
              Ute Fan
              @unicycleute

I think that Hansen could put on about 10 lbs if he moves to linebacker, but even if he doesn’t put on weight they could just use an undersized package that utilizes him and Blair against pass happy teams since Hansen is so good at covering the slot position.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Utah has recruited him as a safety. 

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

Nice to consistently get legit linebacker recruits the past few years. That has always been a weak spot of ours, and if we can make it solid year in and year out, then watch out.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Scout 4 Star JC LB/Saftey commit today