Scout.com and Stars

Viewing 4 reply threads

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

So I saw this article on Scout.com earlier today and thought it was pretty cool. LINK HERE It’s nice to see Utah making an impression on big recruits.

I find it funny though that earlier today (when I first read the article) Hussein Howe was listed as a 4 star recruit and within a few hours of the article being posted he drops to a 3 star. Is Scout.com actively trying to discourage recruits from picking Utah? Are they run by zoobs? I don’t look at Scout much, but thought it was very suspicious.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

It’s a known phenomena. Scout blows.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Its actually a pretty common thing in recruiting. If a kid receives an offer from a school like Alabama or USC they instantly rise to be a 4 star. Its almost like a self filling prophecy.

Not saying it happens all the time, but I’ve seen it happen & it makes me laugh.

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

it absolutely happens ALL THE TIME. i’ve seen it over and over and over.

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

I challenge you to give me 1 example of a rating bump because of an offer by bama or another school. One. Bama has been pretty good for a long time, so I am just guessing that their players are good too. I doubt they are offering a scrub and then magically his star rating rises to a 4+. Again, one example. I’m going to guess I won’t get a response.

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

there’s no way to see it unless you’re tracking the players. wish i could prove it but i can’t. it’s predominantly a 3 star guy moving to 4 stars.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by oc_ute.

EUte
          Ute Fan
          @eute

Yes the tail wags the dog all the time when it comes to those recruit ranking services. It is a known thing and I’ve seen the guys who run the Ute Rivals site acknowledge it at various times.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

I see this practice a lot more with Scout than Rivals. I find Scout to be very anti-Ute for some strange reason. Rivals is much better for good Ute coverage.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Scout.com and Stars