Scout.com and Stars

• Next: @ BYU – Thu Aug 29 8:15pm – ESPN TV

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

So I saw this article on Scout.com earlier today and thought it was pretty cool. LINK HERE It’s nice to see Utah making an impression on big recruits.

I find it funny though that earlier today (when I first read the article) Hussein Howe was listed as a 4 star recruit and within a few hours of the article being posted he drops to a 3 star. Is Scout.com actively trying to discourage recruits from picking Utah? Are they run by zoobs? I don’t look at Scout much, but thought it was very suspicious.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

It’s a known phenomena. Scout blows.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Its actually a pretty common thing in recruiting. If a kid receives an offer from a school like Alabama or USC they instantly rise to be a 4 star. Its almost like a self filling prophecy.

Not saying it happens all the time, but I’ve seen it happen & it makes me laugh.

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

it absolutely happens ALL THE TIME. i’ve seen it over and over and over.

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

I challenge you to give me 1 example of a rating bump because of an offer by bama or another school. One. Bama has been pretty good for a long time, so I am just guessing that their players are good too. I doubt they are offering a scrub and then magically his star rating rises to a 4+. Again, one example. I’m going to guess I won’t get a response.

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

there’s no way to see it unless you’re tracking the players. wish i could prove it but i can’t. it’s predominantly a 3 star guy moving to 4 stars.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  oc_ute.

EUte
          Ute Fan
          @eute

Yes the tail wags the dog all the time when it comes to those recruit ranking services. It is a known thing and I’ve seen the guys who run the Ute Rivals site acknowledge it at various times.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

I see this practice a lot more with Scout than Rivals. I find Scout to be very anti-Ute for some strange reason. Rivals is much better for good Ute coverage.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Message Board Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Scout.com and Stars

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Rick 3 years, 10 months ago.