Why do you think we can win today?

Viewing 6 reply threads

1MNUte
      Ute Fan
      @1mnute

As I have been thinking about the game this week, I feel like we have a reasonable chance of pulling out the win. We won on the road last year with a team that had no offense. Our offense is light years ahead of where they were last year. This game will likely be a defensive struggle. Very low scoring. Is there a team in the country that has won more games over the last 3 years than Utah when struggling to score on offense? 

I think the Utes get the win in a close one, 17 – 14

GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if any of our injured players will be playing today?

Anonymous
      Inactive

UW has played a weak schedule. Two road games: Arizona and Oregon. Both wins, but they had to go to OT to beat Arizona. Arizona rushed for 308 yards; Oregon rushed for 230 yards. Utah should be able to do the same or better in the run game. Then we just need Troy Williams to do average numbers and not turn the ball over.

RaftPeople
        Ute Fan
        @raftpeople

UW has played a weak schedule, but so has Utah, they are #49 and #46 respectively in current SOS rankings.  I think the two defenses are similar but I think UW offense has a little edge over Utah offense.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

One word… vengeance.

VENGEANCE IS MINE, SAYETH THE TROY!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Two Words: Our House

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Asiata, Bolles and Williams x2.

Where there’s a Williams, there’s a way. I think we can beat them by passing if necessary, but will try to do it on the ground. First we try to win with the rushing game, but then we can win with passing if it comes down to it.

Oh, and the home crowd, it will be C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!!!!

Edutecator
      Ute Fan
      @edutecator

Special Teams and Turnovers are the keys to victory. Washington has won by limiting turnovers. Against good to great teams you win by limiting mistakes and by not giving them short fields or easy scores. Similarly you win by getting those thing for yourself. Boobie needs to concentrate on fielding punts well, then running. Wish will be Wish on the punts and the kickoff coverage needs to be on point.

Utah will win if defense scores or puts the offense on very short field or if special teams score and doesn’t let Washington do the same.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

It’s Washington’s pass game that scares me. Our pass defense hasn’t instilled much confidence this year.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why do you think we can win today?