2018 Road Schedule

Viewing 9 reply threads

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

Aug. 30 (Thur.) Weber State Salt Lake City
      Sept. 8 at Northern Illinois DeKalb, Ill.
      Sept. 15 Washington* Salt Lake City
      Sept. 22 bye
      Sept. 29 at Washington State* Pullman, Wash.
      Oct. 6 at Stanford* Stanford, Calif.
      Oct. 12 (Fri.) Arizona* Salt Lake City
      Oct. 20 (hc) USC* Salt Lake City
      Oct. 26 (Fri.) at UCLA* Los Angeles
      Nov. 3 at Arizona State* Tempe, Ariz.

Nov. 10 Oregon* Salt Lake City
      Nov. 17 at Colorado* Boulder, Colo.
      Nov. 24 Brigham Young Salt Lake City

Of the road games listed on the schedule, are there any that you guys will be going to this year or consider going to?

For me, I’d say that Stanford and UCLA are the only games that I’d probably travel to. I’ve been to the Rose Bowl before and if you havent been, I’d definitely go. It’s a cool stadium, and the Bruins fanbase seemed pretty nice when I went a few years back.

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Still can’t help but shake my head at the road game at NIU. Our OOC scheduling needs a serious overhaul!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the trip for that one! Will likely go the ASU game.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

You mean the hotbed of Football recruits found in Chicago and Minneapolis isn’t a thing?

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

At one time there were some good corn-fed boys from Illionis, Iowa, Wisconsin area who grew up building muscles throwing hay bales into the hay loft in the dairy barns.   Made great linemen.  Not so sure about now.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Indeed, I was thinking the same.  NIU football is supposedly trying to up their game, maybe one day try to get into the Big-12.   They are supposed to have a major stadium expansion.   It was announced in 2014 but not finding any info on when it will actually happen. 

Ironically their venue is called Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

They are a decent G5 team. I believe they were a NY6 bowl team (or close to it) when we added them to the schedule a few years ago. 

Would they be as good as a g5 in California, Texas or Florida? Probably not. But it’s a better game than Wyoming. 

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

Not so fast my friend! Those of stuck in the midwest don’t mind it one bit.  I’ll be at NIU for sure.

Smack
          Ute Fan
          @smack

Yep, I’m going.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Since I have a lodging connection in the area, I might consider the ASU game. 

Minneapolitan_Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minneapolitanute

I will be going to the game in DeKalb, not too far from me in Minneapolis.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

I will be at Stanford or UCLA.  Not sure which one I’ll go to yet.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

My season ticket group is planning on the UCLA game.  I am also thinking that I will go to the Stanford game because it is just a quick 3 hour trip over the mountain to the bay area and tickets will be dirt cheap. 

The one I am kind of excited about this year is the Colorado game.  One of my best friends from law school is a Colorado alum and a couple of his fraternity brothers in our fantasy league also live in Denver.  We have never done that game before because his family leaves the country for Thanksgiving but having the game on the 17th eliminates the conflict.  If it is 1/3 of what he claims it should be a great tailgate and the Utes will likely drop the hammer on the Buffs this year.

Johnny80
      Ute Fan
      @johnny80

Looking at going to the Stanford game. Heard the campus at Palo Alto is gorgeous. Have a close friend who lives in Sacramento so we are thinking of flying there and driving the rest of the way. 

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

I’ll be at the UCLA game. I’m starting the full time MBA program down there this fall so I’ll be moving to LA at the end of the summer. It would be fun to meet up with some Ute fans for that lgame. Kind of sucks it’s on a Friday though. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’m going to the Stanford game. Can’t wait. 

Smack
      Ute Fan
      @smack

Northern Illinois! I’m going. For this Ute fan in Missouri, this game is like finding a cool oasis in the desert.

Go UTES!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2018 Road Schedule