All the chaos today opens a backdoor for us into the CFP…

Viewing 8 reply threads

Noni Fruit
      Ute Fan
      @nonifruit

A 2-loss P12 champ should get in over a 2-loss tOSU, 2-loss Penn State, and 2-loss Louisville that didn’t play in their conf. champ games. Colorado could make it in as well. I don’t think WSU could make it in. We’d need Louisville to lose to Houston, and Michigan to beat tOSU. We’d beat 2 top 10ish teams to end the season in Colorado and UW or WSU. It’s not likely, but it’s plausible.

Anonymous
      Inactive

JUST WIN BABY!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Over a one loss Michigan?

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Too many possibilities in college football. Just win.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I’m just worried about getting past Oregon at this point.  

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

How often could we have said in the past that 3 games out and we can control our destiny to get to the Rose Bowl? OK, yes, a few times in the last few years… but that’s STILL PRETTY DARN COOL!

I agree… just win, baby!

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

1 interesting (to me) observation, if Penn Wins out ( Rutgers, MSU) there is no way tOSU can play for their conference title, no title should mean no CFP appearance.

Charles Satterfield
      @1bamafan

I think too much emphasis is put on winning the conference. I remember when Georgia won the SEC with a 6-4 record. Georgia was the SEC rep in the Sugar Bowl. I think the conference crown should be used when two team are really close and one is a Champion. Anyway, I think a two loss PAC 12 champion Utah has a good shot at the CFP.

Thlete
        Ute Fan
        @thlete

With only 4 playoff spots available, I think there is no way you should qualify to play for a national title when you can’t even win your conference title.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I agree completely. Especially when you can’t even win your own division.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football All the chaos today opens a backdoor for us into the CFP…