Am I the only one that would like to see what Kyle could do at the helm

Viewing 7 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

of a blue blood program?

I’m sure this isn’t a popular take, but since I am first a Kyle fan, and a UofU fan second, I would really like to see what he could do if he were to take over a blue blood program for the last 5 years or so of his career. I’m 99.9% sure he has no plans to do any such thing, but I would love to see it.

Imagine what he could accomplish with a roster full of NFL talent.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What would his offense be like?

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

If Whitt was Caleb Williams coach, Williams wouldn’t have 30 career fumbles, is my guess.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Good question. He is no Saban but I’m sure he would be successful as long as his skin is as thick as his calves. High expectations!!!

lgt4141
      Ute Fan
      @lgt4141

I think part of what makes Kyle, “Kyle,” is his loyalty and longevity to Utah. Look at USC and Colorado, it takes time to build culture.

Utegator
        Ute Fan
        @utegator

But isn’t THAT the culture at USC and Colorado. To me it seems like Riley and Prime both sold their program as flashy, celebrity, and big NIL money. Seems like their players would rather be in commercials and play football. They might continue to get the high profile specialty players, but will likely continue to struggle with the players in the trenches.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I am first a Kyle fan, and a UofU fan second

How did this come to be in your mind?

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Kyle is a family friend from my dads college days at TSPP. We’ve always liked the U but didn’t fully convert until he was hired. I have very little connection to the University outside of him. I liked the Utes when they were underdogs, but I’ve only been a full fan since Kyle became the HC.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

He’s had plenty of opportunities to go to a bigger program. When Carroll moved back to the NFL, Whitt was reported to be at the top of SC’s hiring list. We don’t hear the rumors anymore because he is so entrenched at Utah, but if he wanted, Whitt could have his choice of jobs anywhere in the country.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

For me, the team comes first, the individuals a far second. Would you then become a USC fan is Kyle became the Trojans’ HC? Not to insult you. but you sound like one of those guys that followed Real Madrid and Barcelona when Ronaldo and Messi were playing there. Once they left, so did they. I’m always going to be a Utah Utes’ fan. The characters and personalities surrounding the team are just incidental.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

The Ronaldo/RM situation is not analogous to my Kyle scenario. My family has been friends with Kyle’s since Kyle was in high school. My choice to be his fan is more about him as a person than him as a coach. This has nothing to do with cheering for the big star on the rich team.

If he did go to USC, I would be a fan of USC while he was there… but I will always retain my Ute fandom. If they played each other and the stakes were the same for both teams, I would cheer for Kyle’s team, but be happy either way.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

I understand his affinity to the family friend.

At the same time, I root for the name on the front of the jersey. There have been 3 head coaches, somewhere close to a hundred OC’s and who knows how many thousand players since Utah became my only rooting interest. Whitt leaving won’t change my loyalties.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Kyle Whittingham is Pete Carroll. They are the same, philosophically.

If he was at USC or Alabama or Michigan, he’d be like the early 2000 Trojans.

Amazing defense. Great run game. Highly efficient pass game.

He’s an elite coach. His teams would look like Alabama and Georgia. Elite defense. Very efficient offense. He’d be unstoppable.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Am I the only one that would like to see what Kyle could do at the helm