My farts don’t smell.

PorterRockwell
          Ute Fan
          @porterrockwell

Right. And bears don’t defecate in the woods 

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I thought it was coming from that funny smelling green smoke that’s always coming from my neighbors when they sit out on the porch at night.

2 3

Anonymous
      Inactive

Even though I blocked him, I still want to see that PaceManying clown blow a Global Warming gasket.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I watched a really good special on global warming that talked about this phenomenon. It’s one reason for the general warming trend since the middle of the 18th Century. However, this effect is understood and worked into the models. Still I found it very interesting from a celestial mechanics point of view.

2 3

Anonymous
        Inactive

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

The problem with the model is it’s a huge complex system with a number of inputs that are very difficult to calculate.  The methodology has been to ignore of impute those unquantified results into the error term which is then attributed to a single actor.  Add to that some interesting data selection and I don’t have a lot of confidence in the model being able to drill down to actionable factors.

5 2

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Ah, The Federalist. Exactly the source I would turn to for unbiased information on climate change.

2 3

Anonymous
            Inactive

Typical leftist, Climate Change Alarmist, attack the source, not the message. But I hear nothing but crickets on the first article posted. I went to the original source: University of Wisconsin, just to shut down people like yourself. Silence. Crickets. Bwaaaahaaaaa.

Here, try one from Investor’s Business Daily, a very reputable source. Quotes various scientists and the conclusion is that the Climate Change alarmists’ model based science has failed the basic tenant of the scientific method: that the results can be repeated by other scientists.

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/is-global-warming-science-just-a-fraud/

Original source article from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39054778

I’ve posted here on Dr. Camille Parmesan seminal, yet flawed, scientific study was published as a “correspondence” on the Edith’s Checkerspot Butterfly, wherein she concluded that Climate Change was forcing the Edith’s Checkerspot butterflies upward and northward. Her “narrative”, which was published in the Journal Nature, has been sited as fact in over 1,000 other research papers on Climate Change. Only problem, it was challenged, her conclusions were proven to be wrong and because she hid behind the “correspondence” curtain, she did not have to provide her source data. So she avoided any scientific challenge on her conclusion. Problem is, there are other subject matter experts on her Butterfly who knew better and could and did soundly challenge her conclusion. Once again, the scary part is that her conclusions were were sited as fact 1000x over by the chorus of Climate Change Alarmists. Downright shameful. Yet the ignorant take these things straight up as fact. SMH.

http://landscapesandcycles.net/climate-doom–parmesan-s-butterfly-effect.html

Opler was not the only expert to dissent. Other scientists, armed with detailed studies aimed at insuring the butterfly’s recovery and survival, also disagreed. “Our observation that human impacts were almost always involved in local extirpations in southern California (even for those areas that may seem to still have “suitable habitat”), the role of global warming as the proximate cause of extinction must be carefully evaluated. We suspect that warming is perhaps an exacerbating factor, but that increased extinction rates in southern California are primarily caused by more direct anthropogenic forces.”7

So I decided Parmesan’s landmark climate study needed to be replicated with a more critical eye on the contributing land use factors. However, when I looked for her methods section there was none. Her study had been published as a correspondence, and in Nature, a correspondence doesn’t require a methods section that allows for independent verification. That also explained how her paper survived a gauntlet of disagreement by leading experts. A correspondence is not typically peer reviewed. It is published simply based on the advocacy of Nature’s editors.

Here’s Camille Parmesan herself…

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/science/climate-scientist-camille-parmesan.html#.WLGjKzvadPY

We’ve seen prominent Climate Change scientists caught manipulating source data to fit the narrative. When you manipulate source data, it becomes near impossible to replicate the results because the manipulation component reflects their biased opinion. And that is why virtually all of this Climate Change Science is junk science. Now, it is getting flushed, along with fake news.

1 1

Newbomb Turk
              Ute Fan
              @newbombturk

Okay Trout, you win. It isn’t real. Now just tell my why glaciers world wide are melting.

2 1

Anonymous
                Inactive

Glaciers are always melting. Some are advancing, some aren’t. Glaciers are nothing more that frozen rivers, the result of heavy precipitation in the form of snow. When precipitation is more than what can melt in the normal seasonal cycles, over time the snow will compress into ice which flows downward. Given that glaciers occur in colder environments, the main factor that determines whether they advance, or recede, is the amount of precipitation. Temperature is but a minor component.

Go to Alaska and virtually all the glaciers occur along the coastal mountains. It’s far more temperate along coastal Alaska than it is in the interior. The interior of Alaska routinely sees sub zero temps during the winter, but coastal Alaska does not. Yet it’s rare to see a glacier in the interior region of Alaska where it is virtually a boreal desert of skinny spruce trees. Why, because all the precipitation occurs along the coast. The interior is in the rain shadow of the coastal mountains and does not see much precipitation.

Looks like not all glaciers are receding:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/9206785/Himalayan-glaciers-growing-despite-global-warming.html

Newbomb Turk
                  Ute Fan
                  @newbombturk

Hope this works. If it doesn’t, it’s an article about Greenland losing more ice than originally thought. The point is, the are multiple examples of this. You say climate change is a hoax? Fine. Your example of precipitation (or lack thereof) doesn’t explain most of it.

Either way, I am done with this. I don’t want to waste my Saturday in arguments where neither side can convince the other. Even as I type this, I am shaking my head at myself.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiziOGT0KvSAhUJilQKHZ1qBN0QFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.climatecentral.org%2Fnews%2Fgreenland-losing-more-ice-20729&usg=AFQjCNGgJhQRzH87RWHmm8R5mXs9fG8i4A&sig2=A9giFELpIS_e6YgQnyF8Dg

Anonymous
                    Inactive

The areas losing mass the fastest are spots where the ice sheet has a direct connection to the ocean. Rising ocean waters and air temperatures are essentially putting ice in a vise grip of warming and speeding up melt. Geology is also compounding the rapid loss of ice in those regions.

“The ice sheet in these basins is also steeper than the average for the ice sheet, therefore the ice flows, on average, faster there, too,” Willis said. “Simply put, the shape of the ice sheet and the contact with the ocean makes it likely that these areas respond more pronouncedly to changes in climate boundary conditions — be they atmospheric, oceanic or glaciological.”

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/269/5224/676

Abstract
                    Greenland ice-core data have revealed large decadal climate variations over the North Atlantic that can be related to a major source of low-frequency variability, the North Atlantic Oscillation. Over the past decade, the Oscillation has remained in one extreme phase during the winters, contributing significantly to the recent wintertime warmth across Europe and to cold conditions in the northwest Atlantic. An evaluation of the atmospheric moisture budget reveals coherent large-scale changes since 1980 that are linked to recent dry conditions over southern Europe and the Mediterranean, whereas northern Europe and parts of Scandinavia have generally experienced wetter than normal conditions.

The cyclic variability of the oceans has great effect on Greenland ice. Try connecting that to cow farts and my diesel exhaust. It’s a very long and unconvincing chain.

And yes I have yardwork and some work to do on my son’s truck (replace steering box).

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics And I thought my diesel truck and cow farts were the cause