Another hit to our fanbase’s reputation

Viewing 13 reply threads
      1 1

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

https://x.com/barstoolsicem/status/1699085270010692019

Nice going Jazzy. The BYU dolts amplify this crap and pile on.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Very insensitive and stupid.

9 3

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Does it matter? No, it does not. Rational people will see that it’s one or two idiots on twitter posting this stuff.

Anyone who regularly posts on twitter just for fun (and not as part of their job) is not the sort of person I would want to be around.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

It matters. Anything you say online you should be willing to say the same thing face to face. We’ve all likely violated that rule. To me, people burning inside a building isn’t funny. Also, I would never want to provoke another team or fan base so badly that they would want to harm our team or fan base. So, before we post pictures of people dying, we probably should just STFU.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

If he’s foolish enough to believe one fan represents an entire fanbase, who really cares?

1 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Looks like someone is trying controversy where none exists. I guess that’s what happens when you lose your opening game at home to a G5 program that went 4-8 in 2022. We’d probably do the same thing if we lost to Weber State in a couple of weeks.

4 1

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Another? Originally it was some dumb comments by pig bus and then a bunch of CougarBoard troll accounts trying to fan flames. Worrying about our reputation with random Twitter warriors is an exercise in futility.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Twitter is real life. 😏

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

So is this what happened to JazzyUte? Jazzyute just became a full on Internet troll? I have some fond memories of Jazzy on Utefans.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

You know what… I do believe that he’s also a Miami Dolphins fan because he’s posted numerous times on “The Phinsider.”. Hard to believe it’s the same guy because he’s never posted anything incendiary there about other teams.

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

I feel like I remember him posting over at blocku as well and i don’t remember him ever being incendiary or even slightly controversial.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

He did post on BlockU. I don’t remember anyone being incendiary there. I don’t remember him doing much of that on Twitter either. He took that post down and apologized FWIW.

4 1

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Not from rational, clear thinking people who don’t think that EVERYONE and EVERYTHING posted on social media 100% represents the fan base of that person.

I’m not concerned.

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

I’m going to go out on a limb here, lets say the 2024 Big12 teams each have 1 million fans give or take. So that’s approx 16 million fans, 99% of which don’t give a rats ass about dumbs**ts posting on Twitter. Yet somehow we let a few hundred Twitter clowns and clown boarders dictate to world our reputation? Give me a break.

There aren’t enough hours in the day to get offended by some ones bad taste on social media, it will consume you if you try, example the clown board lunatics.

5 5

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

This just rings so hollow to me. I don’t deny that it’s insensitive but who are we talking about here. Texas, ESPECIALLY SMALL TOWN TEXAS, has been hanging their hat on being the anti-woke, buck up buckaroo, come and take em, f**k your pronouns, f**k your feelings, f**k your taxes, f**k California center in the United States.

Despite all this they use the absolute first opportunity to weaponize a minor footnote in American history like some blue haired screeching loser. I’d put $10,000 without blinking that the outraged poster wasn’t even born yet when the Waco standoff happened. Nobody even remembers this s**t I brought it up the other month with some acquaintances and no one even knew what I was talking about. No one sheds tears about this in 2023, it’s not a sore spot or an open wound.

This bulls**t is just virtue signaling from a population that claims to hate that practice. Far as I’m concerned get your disingenuous crocodile tears out of here it’s lame as f**k. You don’t get to have it both ways.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Probably not a fan base anywhere that cares less about Twitter than the Baylor fans in Waco. This isn’t a hit to anything, especially not to a fan base reputation.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Jazzy is an ass and the primary reason I left Utefans.net

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

What a nothing burger.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Stupid and insensitive post by Jazzy, but who cares about Twitter? People spend so much time on there they begin to believe that’s the entirety of the sports world. Nothing on that site matters one iota in the real world. Remember when BYU fans thought that we wouldn’t be invited to the Big12 because of our Twitter fans? Boom! Invited! Lol.

Side note, it’s absolutely hilarious to open that thread and and see it filled with BYU fans piling on. How embarrassing for them to be that fixated on Utah. I can’t think of anything more little brotherish than them commenting on every post about Utah. What a bunch of obsessed lowlife freaks.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Another hit to our fanbase’s reputation