Arizona hires Brent Brennan: San Jose State coach

Viewing 4 reply threads

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

Brennan has guided San Jose State to a 34-48 overall record during his time leading the program. The Spartans are coming off a 7-6 record in 2023 and concluded the season with a loss to Coastal Carolina in the Hawaii Bowl. Brennan is the first coach in SJSU history to lead the program to three bowl games.

linky

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Very underwhelming hire.

stbone
        Ute Fan
        @stbone

With their money situation, they are lucky to get him.

It is funny seeing all of the UA fans dogging on Jedd Fisch going to Washington. The real bad-men in this story are the administrators, just like in the PAC12 story. I don’t know how you accidentally lose 250 million dollars, but when you do, it has consequences. Losing your head coach is likely one of those consequences.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Apparently they dragged their feet in re-siging Fisch too. That’s not something you can do. He has to leave before the portal window closes so he can take guys with him. UA dropped the ball big time here.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Given their internal circumstances and the timing of Fisch’s departure, this was the best hire possible for the Wildcats. It’s also interesting to hear that guys like Fifita and McMillan look poised to stay in Tucson, which, if true, will still make the Wildcats a dangerous team.

ryynoo
        Ute Fan
        @ryynoo

I think he’s actually a solid hire. He won at SJSU which is as extremely hard place to win. The students and community don’t care about sports at all and he has been to several bowls, won the Mtn West and got SJSU only the second top 25 ranking in their history. He also started swaying the community (which also has Stanford, Cal, 49ers, Sharks, etc) to start supporting the Spartans. So with more resources ans support, he should do quite well. Ironically David Shaw has been mentioned along with Ron Rivera. Shaw had been seen at several camp and practice session in the last year.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

He won the MWC? I guess he did the COVID year. I don’t know how much I’d rely on that. Outside of that, he’s incredibly mediocre.

Yeah, it’s hard to win at SJSU. But it ain’t the P12 or ACC. It’s not that hard to win there. And he’s never won over 7 games.

I’m not too impressed with this hire.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

People said the same thing about Fisch. He turned out well.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Man oh man. I’m an Eagles fan. I personally witnessed an excellent OC (Steichen) lead my favorite team to greatness and leave…then watched their replacements (Sirianni/Brian Johnson) royally f**k up a team. I’m shocked at how bad those two have been. I freaking love Brian Johnson the Ute, but BJ the OC? He’s been the OC of two of my teams so far and has sucked donkey balls both times.

My point? Coaching matters. A lot. As good as Arizona was last year, if these coaches can’t scheme as well…they could easily fall off the face of the earth.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

I found this hire to be quite odd. His best season at SJSU was 7-6. He is from Dick Tomey’s coaching tree so there is that effect here but it seems to be an economy choice on an up and coming program. Has there been any word on Fifita staying to following Fish up to UW?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Arizona hires Brent Brennan: San Jose State coach