THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

South Division

1. Utah
      USC has certainly improved under new coach Lincoln Riley, but the path to a Pac-12 title still runs through Salt Lake City. The Utes won their first Pac-12 championship last year by pounding Oregon 38-10 in the conference title game and lost by three to Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. A repeat of that success – or perhaps even more – is within reach in ’22 for coach Kyle Whittingham’s team. Utah led the Pac-12 in conference-only matchups in scoring (37.3 points a game) and yards per play (6.6) last fall and returns quarterback Cameron Rising, running back Tavion Thomas and a pair of standout tight ends in Brant Kuithe and Dalton Kincaid. Finding a receiver to replace Britain Covey and restocking the offensive line are the top priorities for coordinator Andy Ludwig. As usual, Utah will be strong on defense. Whittingham’s group returns five starters, including cornerback Clark Phillips III, ends Van Fillinger and Karene Reid and Florida transfer Mohamoud Diabate at linebacker. A return to full health by cornerback JaTravis Broughton and safety R.J. Hubert bolstered a secondary that ranked seventh in the Pac-12 in pass efficiency defense last fall. Linebacker Devin Lloyd will be missed, however. The Utes have a tough road trip to Florida to open the season but get USC in Rice-Eccles Stadium in mid-October. With few holes and an experienced roster, Whittingham’s team can make another run at the CFB Playoff.

Pac-12 Championship: Utah over USC

Pac-12 2022 Superlatives and Season Predictions

Coach of the Year: Kyle Whittingham, Utah
      Must-See Game: USC at Utah (Oct. 15)

1 2

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

This feels like a fantasy only available on NCAA 2014, easy mode.

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

I initially forgot about the top 2 teams regardless of division change when i first looked this over and i was really confused for a moment

2 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I am constantly confused at all moments.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Athlon Pac-12 predictions…