Basketball Recruiting

Viewing 1 reply thread

younglurch
      Ute Fan
      @younglurch

In non football related news, Utah made the top 4 for 4* PF and top 100 player Zach Keller. Both he and 4* Guard Collin Chandler are high on Utah’s list. Any insights into whether or not we have a legit chance at either? Would be a huge get for Craig Smith in his first year. Collin had 2 crystal balls for Utah back in 2020, but they are almost a year old now. 

Zach Keller Top 4

Official Utah Visit

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Hearing Chandler may be leaning Stanford…he grew up a Ute fan!

Hearing we have a GREAT shot at Keller!

Hope we get both!

younglurch
        Ute Fan
        @younglurch

Keller would be an amazing add, he looks to be an explosive athlete who would thrive under Smith’s high energy. 

I know it’s still really early, but I am very optimistic about Smith. I love his obvious passion for the game and desire to get fans back in the seats and schedule games against quality opponents. I literally bumped into him during the rain delay at the Weber St. game and he seems like a great guy. Loved to see him milling around with ordinary fans in the concourse. Not something that fit Larry K’s M.O. in my opinion. 

It’s been too long without a basketball game that has the Huntsman rocking–I think Craig Smith can get us there! 

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

If you are one of those Runnin’ Ute fans that have fallen away from the program over the years (like me), do yourself a favor and find an interview with Coach Smith to listen to.  It has been a LONG time since the Utes have had a players-coach and I, for one, am stoked to see what our boys can do when they’re actually having fun.  Don’t take my word for it though- listen to Coach Smith do an interview and decide for yourself.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I spoke with Larry at a low key former athlete event. He was just a regular guy. He and Andre Miller both seemed totally chill

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Basketball Recruiting