BB Transfer Portal

Viewing 6 reply threads

S.CarolinaUte
      Ute Fan
      @s-carolinaute

Lahat Thioune entering portal according to Ute Zone.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

#approved 

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

So is this a mutual thing or just him wanting out? I’d love to hear some honest breakdown of his game, some guys have knocked his play but he looks like a servicable off the bench big with a high fg% so I don’t totally get the knock.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Super rough around the edges. Very awkward. Totally has the size and physical ability though. 

3 3

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

It damn well better be mutual. If Smith liked what lahat brought to the table he shouldn’t be coaching basketball.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Liked Lahat’s effort, but certainly had his rough moments.  Would not have made the starting lineup (unless we are completely unable to recruit in the next few months).  Perhaps he can find a good spot on another team.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

Lahat improved a ton… and he was still a huuuuge drop off from mahorcic and Carlson.

If Carlson can improve his body like lahat did that would be nice.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Hopefully, not the last to depart.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

DJJ now in the portal too.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Jenkins and Battin both were ‘honored/introduced’ on senior night, so no surprise for those two.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Why is this in the Football category?

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Probably so that someone besides me and 2 other people will read it.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Moved to MBB category.

AllInUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @allinutefan

I was told that Smith is looking to have 4-5 scholarships ready to go for recruiting. These departures are part of the plan. Battin, DJJ and Thioune are not PAC 12 players.

I attended the PAC 12 bball tourney in Vegas. It was clear after watching all the teams play during the tournament that Utah was the least athletic, and it wasn’t close. Smith has to do a lot of upgrading to be competitive.

Torg
        Ute Fan
        @torg

As bad as we’ve been in basketball, I gotta think that that the pitch Coach Smith is going to have… it could be alluring. 

Smith doesnt have culpability for the state of the program and was previously able to help lead a mid major to ncaa tourney apperances every year he was there.  Our program needs people who can step into the starting lineup.  Nearly guaranteed minutes. The change for some of these guys could mean going to both a bigger program AND potentially being able to be THE GUY?  Often times guys have to choose the small fish bigger pond or vice versa situation. 

Or maybe we continue to have to curtain off the upper bowl because the ghosts of Boylen and Larry haunt our recruits visits. 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) BB Transfer Portal