Bernard wants to transfer to Utah

Viewing 8 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Jay Drew quoting his older brother in tonight’s SLTrib article.  Interesting to see what Sitake does after stating that Utah St should let the kid from East (don’t know his name) transfer to BYU.  

Bernard wanted to transfer to Utah after his mission but stayed to play for Sitake.  

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

The question is, “can he help us?”

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

He’s a good lber. I think he’d start here over Tauteoli.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

We lose 2 Senior LB’s after this year (Sunia and Kavika) so I think it would be highly likely that he could add significant depth next year to go along with Barton, Thompson and Lijenquist.  I think he played QB in HS so he’s pretty athletic.  Would be a nice add for sure in some capacity.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

He would for sure start here. Whitt almost surely wants to go back to 3 LBs when the talent is there. Lb our weakest position group by far since Paul and Norris left

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

We won’t do three LB’ers in the PAC-12. Too many QB’s and WR’s. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Lol. I just read the article and went to CB. The hypocrisy is delicious !!

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Oh man! The irony here would be delicious if Sitake fails to grant a release. Ha ha! Zoobs and the press have been all over Utah State for not granting a release to a returned missionary that transferred, and Sitake has said he would grant a release to anyone who wants to leave. No strings attached. 

<grabs popcorn>

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

In hindsight it doesn’t really matter if they release him.  He’d have to Redshirt at Utah as well because to my knowledge he hasn’t graduated like Carrington had.  That’s the only way you get a free transfer I believe.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Right, but Utah could always use a good LB.

The whole thing about Bernard not knowing what his HC offense was is too fishy.  Surely he knows, though maybe he hasn’t come clean with his brother.  …and, I know, I’ll stop calling you Shirley.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Hold on, let me grab my popcorn and some wine to wash it down…

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Don’t blame him one bit for not wanting to abide by their oppressive honor code. Utah would welcome him with open arms and no judgment.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

He certainly would be happier redshirting here, rather than there.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

That article is odd. Apparently he is in good standing with Sitake, the school, and his bishop recently renewed his endorsement (whatever it is called). The honor code office is making him red shirt, but won’t tell him or the family why and won’t give anybody a straight story.

I hate byu for the POS institution it is, but I have great empathy for the students down there. That especially goes for the athletes. The HCO is dangerous in its nearly unlimited and unaccountable power. And as we have seen over the last few years they unfortunately tend to (unintentionally) provide cover for rapists and sexual assaulted by putting the victims at risk of being suspended or kicked out.

Please people, for the love of all things and for the good of the world, don’t let your friends and neighbors send their kids to byu.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Preach!

I do agree the part about his parents not knowing is fishy, but then again maybe the BYU people aren’t allowed to say what it is in front of them? I don’t know. if it were something criminal, the public record would have been discovered by now. It’s probably just something like sexy time or legal drinking (he’s 25 ffs).

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I wonder if it’s a situation where Kalani said he could play this fall all summer long and now he can’t play and his family doesn’t know why when Kalani made promises. 

Kalani was getting in trouble at Utah for doing that. Over promising recruits and then not backing those promises up when they came due. 

Red Don
        Ute Fan
        @reddon

I have no empathy for anyone down there.  They all know what they’re signing up for.  And Sitake is nothing to me. I have no wish of trying to “get along” with him, the school, or anyone down there.  The Utes can have a scorched earth policy towards them and I’m fine with it.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

I have tons of empathy for them. They don’t necessarily know what they were getting themselves into, and there seems to be a bit of a wink and a nod when telling new recruits about life down there.

Red Don
            Ute Fan
            @reddon

Then they must be living in a vacuum.  It doesn’t take much research to discover all of the crap that goes on down there.  I agree there’s probably a lot of winking and nodding going on down there.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bernard wants to transfer to Utah