3 1

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Really surprising, I didn’t think we would take another defensive player

uteinzoobcounty
        Ute Fan
        @uteinzoobcounty

Is be immediately eligible? Or does he have to sit a year?

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Like all transfers this off-season, he should be immediately eligible.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Holy!!! Color me impressed! Original offer list — Bama, Washington, ND, USC, Texas, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Tennessee, BYU (😂😂😂), etc.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

Great news! I read he was part of 2018 recruiting class, signed at UW, then transferred to Alabama without ever playing at UW. NCAA is allowing unrestricted single opportunity to transfer right now, and last fall didn’t count against eligibility, so does he have 1 or 2 years of eligibility? I can probably explain the mid level NBA salary cap exception quicker than analyzing this one…

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I’m not sure this is all that great of a transfer. According to OnlyU he was first committed to BYU, then decommitted, then committed to Washington, then last minute backed out of his NLI to be closer to home. And then he goes off to Alabama. In 40 games (playing almost exclusively on special teams) he’s logged a total of 33 tackles. Seems like he could be a bit of a head case…hopefully not. But I hope he’s coming in as a PWO vs tying up a scholie.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Big time surprised by this one…love his potential but he’s bounced around a little. Bama used him at FB and TE a little too so who knows. Physically incredibly gifted but I’m interested in seeing how he’s matured. Loaded LB room…let’s see how he fits in. Welcome to the family! 4/5 star transfer…clearly a big time talent. Should probably push forward to next years class but will be on scholie

6 3

Show15time
      Ute Fan
      @show15time

Can’t say I’m super excited. Was hoping for the OU corner radley or an offensive player. Or even To’o To’o. Our linebackers are not and will not be the problem of this team next year. But it is nice to see that some bigger names are starting to head to Utah. 

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

OnlyU, @show15time raises a great point…does this mean we aren’t in the mix anymore for Radley-Hiles? If Kaho’s scholie is pushed to next year’s class, doesn’t that mean we still have room for Radley-Hiles in this class if we can land him using the scholie Veltray Jefferson vacated?

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Depends on how they ultimately decide to use it. Kaho won’t be here until summer so I feel like they could push him into next year easily. Would allow us to pick up another player still if we chose to including Radley. Questions about Radley’s overall speed being an issue. If that is a real concern we’ll pass but if we can verify he can still run we’ll take a shot at him. Speed is kind of a non-negotiable with Scalley/Shaw recruiting. If you don’t have it they’ll pass in a hurry. If it’s deemed he has technique issues they can coach him up.

Holding that initial wouldn’t be terrible to use in next years class either.

Trailgoat
            Ute Fan
            @utahgoat

Copy that. You can’t teach speed. KW and MS are two of the best at transforming raw athleticism into NFL level talent.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

You can’t teach height either. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Could this steer Kaho or one of the other LBs to DE? We haven’t been getting to the QB. I know he’s 6’1″ but wondered if we might get a little more on the edge.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Speculation is that Nephi Sewell might be a person to transfer to the backfield as a result of this add.
        But that’s it… speculation.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ale Kaho transfers to utah