Brian Johnson for OC (Round 2)?

Viewing 5 reply threads
      3 1

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

Florida absolutely smoked Michigan today, Jonson has been a QB coach for Dan Mullen for several years now (minus one year as Huston’s OC).  Is it time to call Brian home for his second (more experienced) stint as OC/QB coach at Utah?

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

This time around with all his experience it would make more sense.  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Harbaugh is such a git. I watched the first half and the moment I knew he would lose it was the end of the first half. Mind you the score was close but Michigan defenders were falling like dominoes.  38 seconds he has two timeouts and they just got into field goal range, 3rd and 7 I believe.  He basically plays for the fg they don’t get the play in or some confusion clock is still winding down to 18 seconds finally call timeout. Made no sense to me he passes loses 6 seconds and settles for the fg which he shanks. The kicker nearly missed from a similar range the previous fg same type of hook. 

It is a bowl game Harbaugh!  What are you playing for at this point?  

2 4

User Suspended
        @a2ute

This was a big lose for Jimmy.  Fanbase has the pitchforks out.

And just like the GOP blamining Hillary for all problems. UofM fans have found a way to blame Urban for the lose.

The conspiracy theory going on Mich fanboy forums is that Urban spent a lot of time with Mullen this past week. 

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

*loss

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Co-OC with Harding with Harding running the show for the next two years while Brian learns the system. I would love that

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

for the record. I thought bringing Brian in last year to understudy taylor would have been a great idea, too.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Position coach behind Dan Mullen in Florida is a much better gig than Utah’s situation. 

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

Yeah its possible that he just wouldnt want it. You’d have to tell him hes the future OC and hope hes feeling nostalgic

Charlie Foxtrot
            Ute Fan
            @charliefoxtrot

That and maybe his wife wants to come back home.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Yes, let’s re-hire/promote two guys who were fired/demoted from our OC position just a few years ago. This sounds like a GREAT idea.

RUUTES
          Ute Fan
          @ruutes

I’d give Ludwig, Johnson, or Chow another shot at this point unless we can actually land a big fish. 

1 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Didn’t someone say there is some bad blood between Whitt and Johnson?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I call BS on that. 

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

I don’t know about any bad blood, but Brian’s departure wasn’t exactly amicable. Rumors at the time from “insiders” were that Brian was p**sed about the suggestion of being demoted to QB coach.

Charlie Foxtrot
            Ute Fan
            @charliefoxtrot

That honsetly wouldn’t surprise me at all.  He probably didn’t feel like he was given the opportunity to grow into the position before it was being taken away.  I was just thinking that maybe it had been long enough that some of the negative feelings may have faded.

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

P**sed about being demoted to a QB Coach so he goes to Mississippi St as a QB Coach??? That makes as much sense as Taylor taking an FCS HC job. At least Taylor is from Sacramento and wanted to go back. Johnson?

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

His leaving for Mississippi State just goes to show that he was p**sed about being offered the demotion. Who leaves their alma mater to make what became a lateral move if they aren’t upset?

2 1

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

Johnson also has Dak Prescott on his resume.  You would think that would open some recruting doors in getting future QB’s to consider Utah.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Dak stinks and he was hired into coaching him.   I like BJ I am not trying to put him down but I hate when people give credit where it might not be deserved. 

Charlie Foxtrot
          Ute Fan
          @charliefoxtrot

Prescott was the fist FBS QB to throw 60 tuchdown and run for 40.  He finished third in SEC history in total yards, and 4th in total touchdowns.  He is an NFL starting QB, was the NFL’s Offensive rookie of the year and was selected to the Pro Bowl the same year.  He can’t suck that bad?  BJ was his QB coach for two years, who cares if he was hired in to it or not?  If it gets you in the door of 4* and 5* recruits and it’s a selling point then that’s all that matters.

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Utah would be fortunate to get Johnson back as an OC. I doubt he does it though, Whitt overreacted to the #firewhitt crowd during consecutive 5-7 seasons and forced Johnson out.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Brian Johnson for OC (Round 2)?