Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Really no surprise. 

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I was worried about that. I know we are set at RB, but honestly, he’s looked better than Bernard (is that his name?) to me. Ty Jordan of course has looked amazing, but I’m concerned about what happens if he gets injured.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Looked better than Bernard?  I see it the other way, Bernard much more explosive and multi dimensional.  He passes the eye test and his stats support, needs more touches.  Hate to see anyone transfer and appreciate Brumfield and wish him the best.  Just not as talented as the other guys we already have.  Somewhat similar to Shyne in talent and production.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Agreed. I didn’t think Brumfield did much with the ball when given the opportunity. Bernard did.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Of the four RB’s Brumfield has looked to worst. That surprised me to start the season. How things have played out, I’m not surprised to see him transfer. Hope he doesn’t end up at USU, they’re a dumpster fire right now.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Agreed. He had some good runs last year, but after seeing Jordan and Bernard play, no reason to think Brumfield would be getting many (if any) carries. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

We also have Wilmore, and Ricky Parks coming in next year.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Yeah no surprise there. I’m hoping Wilmore will stick around but honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if he transferred as well.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Wilmore is hurt. Which is the only reason he isn’t getting run. If wilmore can beat out Bernanrd for the two back spot he will get plenty of opportunities. I think Wilmore will stick around. That being said. Parks is a beast and is coming in.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

IMO Wilmore needs to prove he can run productively between the tackles, he hasn’t to date.  We’re a power run team, have to be able to do that.

Bernard is averaging 5.3 yards per touch and Brumfield 4.3 yards per touch in the 4 games.  Maybe the coaches moved Bernard up on the depth chart and that is what Brumfield is reacting to along with Parks coming in.  Last game it looked like Bernard ran as Ty’s backup with 5 touches, Brumfield had 0.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

One major thing Utah coaches always stress for an RB is blocking. I saw Jordan throw in some nice blocks against CU. Wilmore and Brumfield have both struggled with that. I can’t remember seeing Bernard in a blocking situation.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Brumfield is transferring