Calling OnlyU

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The offensive line is the key to our offensive success.  How is our offensive line shaping up this spring?  In your opinion, will the line be as good as we were late last season?

With Peppins gone, who do you think will start at slot?  Will we possibly change things up and put Kuithe there more than he already was?

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

I know Dixon is our long threat but might he work well in the slot. He’s crazy fast. 

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

You don’t necessarily put your fastest receiver in the slot. It’s best to have your fastest receiver on the outside to keep defenses honest with deep routes. Don’t do that a lot from the slot.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

The key for our OL is not to experience a bunch of injuries during Fall Camp…..This is precisely why it took us 1/3 the season last year to develop a cohesive unit.

We have the requisite dudes to be formidable up front, but just can’t afford a bunch of injuries that sideline key players for stretches.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

I was very impressed with the first O-line during Saturday’s scrimmage. Protected well, opened holes, etc. Kump is non contact this spring but he’ll be in the mix soon. He was still doing footwork drills, etc.

I think we’ll end up with 7-9 guys that can play with very little drop off. Can’t remember a time where we were really that deep. Someone said Z. Williams has the best feet we’ve seen since Jordan Gross. He’s not a starter yet IMO but he’s gonna be really good. Moko, Bills are in a battle…but the one who doesn’t win out is still very playable. Falcon likely gets replaced by Kump but he’s good enough to play a bunch of reps too.

Center is gonna be interesting. Kump will get a real look there. Maile is very capable too as we’ve seen. They’ll find the best 5 and yes health will be a factor but there is enough talent there to withstand an injury or two and not have a huge drop off.

I’m an optimist but don’t think that’s the reason I’m bullish. A lot of good young talent behind quite a bit of actual experience.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Peppins wasn’t there on Sat so I think Dixon is in the slot today. I was really impressed with Cope and his progress. Enis, Vele, Dixon, Kuithe is my guess with the first 4. Cope and Parks look good too. Mbanasor, Reed plus probably a portal guy in the Fall. Think we’ll add a RB in the portal as well.

UteDuke
            Ute Fan
            @uteduke

That really surprises me. I thought our RB room was crowded as it is. Would they add a RB for depth, because we’ll likely lose some who are here currently, or is there just someone you can’t pass on?

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

Plenty of talent in the RB room…5ish scholie guys there now so may or may not happen but with the reputation Utah has with RB’s I wouldn’t be shocked to see a high quality pickup. No clue if all 5 guys stay after the Spring…if one leaves we’ll add another I think.

Trailgoat
            Ute Fan
            @utahgoat

I have a feeling Dixon, Parks, and Bernard play a big role next season. Ludwig is going to force teams to look beyond covering the TEs. Oh yeah, while trying to stop the power run game at the same time cover 2-3, big, long, heavy, fast hybrid TEs in play action. Utah’s run game is going to be a tough out for teams next season.

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

I agree…I don’t know how you stop the offense honestly. If Bump gets Parks/Dixon playing at a high level we can stretch the field making the TE’s almost impossible to cover. Vele is a problem and that opens up Enis and the matchup nightmare Kuithe brings to the table. The WR’s become really dangerous. All with a veteran QB who knows how to dissect a zone…if only we knew how to run the football!!!!!

Good luck opposing defenses!!

3 1

Crazyforu
                Ute Fan
                @crazyforu

I love and hate this post so much.

I love it because it seems logical, also completely red goggled. 

I hate it because it seems to good to be true, and red goggled. 

That said, I 100% trust onlyu, have zero doubts about this being accurate.

I just hope fans are truly enjoying this ride, our guys have a shot to do some really special stuff next year. I am not sure what the end result will be, the dudes and the tools are there though.

Utesby1
                  Ute Fan
                  @garykennedy

I volunteer to be President of the OnlyU Fan Club.

Seriously, in the midst of this Kremlin style news blackout it is good that we can at least get some real insighs for OnlyU.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Calling OnlyU