CFP Conspiracy Theory

Viewing 2 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

BiG Team (Michigan) vs SEC Team (Alabama)

Future B1G Team (Washington) vs Future SEC Team (Texas)

Really hard for me to reconcile FSU being left out of the CFP. And believe me, I’m no fan of the Seminoles.

– Washington hasn’t had an impressive victory since the summer. If the “eye test” is a category, how is continually winning games by one score considered “impressive”? Washington won seven of their 13 games by one score or less and nine straight games (an AP Poll record for a ranked team) by 10 points or less.
      – Alabama was one play from losing to a bad team and just barely beat Georgia. They also struggled mightily against a mediocre USF team before just getting by at the end of the game.
      – Texas lost to a good Oklahoma team and came close to losing to a bad Houston team, a decent KSU team, and a bad TCU team.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I’m convinced that, at least this year, the CFP was rigged. The selection committee looks like they parachuted in from a banana republic.

1 5

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Conference Champions only. Alabama beating #1 Georgia in the final was more impressive than any FSU victory and Texas as this point is considered a quality loss. FSU had the chance to change a lot of minds last night and laid a giant stinky egg.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I think we need to start backing off the “impressive victory” narrative every time one team barely beats another or when a lot of points are given up by both teams. FSU beat 10-2 Louisville by two scores with their 3rd string QB in one of the most dominating defensive performances I’ve seen in a while, only allowing 188 total yards to the normally high-powered Cardinals.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I imagine this is how the CFP selection committee went down:

CFP Selection Committee Minutes

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football CFP Conspiracy Theory