Children in Blue Down South

Viewing 2 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t typically pay them much attention, especially when they’re braying like jackasses about all the injustice in the world. However, listening to their lamentations about WCC life without the Zags, how they’ll big time the MWC by dictating terms of their return (even though they’ve not been invited), or convincing themselves of the superiority of the AAC (which they’re absolutely certain will welcome them with open arms and a chorus of hosannas), is pretty goddamn funny. You gotta admit. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

what I’d say to them … ha, ha,

May the ods be ever in your favor...

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Why would the MWC want BYU? They sell tickets at other venues (increased $$$). Their football team has value. 

Why would BYU want the MWC? It has better competition. Historic rivalries = more fun than losing to UMASS. 

What would the MWC want from BYU? Their FB team and sharing money from tv deal increases. 

What would BYU want from the MWC? Keep football out and not share money. 

The LDS Corp is one of the most shrewd corporations in the world. No way they are giving up millions to go to the MWC and no way the MWC welcomes BYU back without money. 

BYU is the gif of the clown that has tied a noose around his neck and is watering the tree that the noose is tied to. 

It’s fantastic. 

3 2

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Are Mormons better athletes than everyone else?   If not, then there’s no advantage for the U to be specifically targeting recruiting from such a narrow population (1.7% of the country’s population) as TDS is pretty much forced to do.  If you think so, I have footage from the 1936 Olympic Games you might be interested in.

2 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I was with you until the part where you said “the BYU fanbase is young.” This couldn’t be farther from the truth. Their fanbase is actually quite old. The vast majority of die hard Y fans are the blue-hair geriatric crowd.

Over the last 20 years there’s been a seismic shift in who young college sports fans in Utah support. Where it used to be heavily BYU, they have lost significant market share to every other school in the state, but especially Utah. Utah is now the “cool” team to be a fan of. And this directly correlated to each school’s reversal of fortune in athletics (Utah’s rise, BYU’s decline).

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Utah is now the “cool” team to be a fan of.

Correction: Utah has always been the cool team to be a fan of. They’re just now realizing it.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Something about pride before a fall. Karma. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I don’t want to get into a p**sing contest with you. But I do want to point out that you’re making a fundamentally incorrect assumption: That everyone in Utah County is a BYU-P fan. That used to be true but it’s not any more. Sadly I spend a lot of time in Utah County and there are lots of Utah fans now. In fact, I personally know many families down there where the parents are BYU-P fans and the kids are Utah fans. It’s the way of the future.

While we don’t have good demographic data on college fanbases, merchandise sales over the last 20 years tells us that BYU-P’s dwindling fan base is old, cheap, dying, and spread out throughout the country.

Cheers, mate!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Children in Blue Down South