Coach Whitt brings the heat.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

That noise you hear in the distance is the sound of heads exploding in Utah County 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I think they will try to hold him accountable but fail oh so very miserably.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Reenforces the victim card they love to play. 

DrJazzy
            Ute Fan
            @docute

100 100. Haven’t ever seen a fanbase play the victim card more! 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

We do in some respects when it comes to national respect. This year we got nothing to bitch about, getting loads of smoke. 

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

Ordinarily I would think that remark is ill-advised.  The circumstances this year are unique.

– the entire BYU ecosystem has been psyched up for this since November.

– they let the rhetoric on their media day be centric to this game.

– this year we won’t be sandwiched between the hangover over winning the PAC South and looking forward to the PAC championship game.  We were embarassed by how we played last year.  That crappy effort won’t happen again.

– this game has become a massive gorilla on their backs, to the point of being a psychological hangup, certainly among the fans, with enormous pressure on the coaches.

– after the adrenaline wears off, if their scheme isn’t paying off – and considering the turnover situation doesn’t slant things – the doubts/fears will start to creep in.

– when scheme, motivation and coaching are equal, and turnovers or other factors aren’t tilting things one way or another, talent starts to manifest itself.

– there’s a talent differential.  Everyone knows it.

I think that remark is a calculated move by KW to move them out of their clearest thinking.  That Meyer was just here makes me think this may be some informed high level psychological manipulation.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Talent level?  Do we even feel like TDS talent level is on par with a G5?  I would consider them an upper G5 but I don’t think they win the MWC for at least the past five years. 

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

– this year we won’t be sandwiched between the hangover over winning the PAC South and looking forward to the PAC championship game.  We were embarassed by how we played last year.  That crappy effort won’t happen again.

^^That^^ is the reason why this game is unlike previous games where we expect to blow them out but somehow allow them to keep the final score close.  We got embarassed last year.  It was the first time we really had a wake up call against BYU since 2010.  And in that instance, you all remember what happened the following year . . . 

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Absolutely love it, particularly following all the talk emanating out of Provo during this offseason [see their media day/recent DN articles as prime examples].

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Coach Whitt brings the heat.