College Football possibly moved to Spring?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Looks like JUCO football is moving in that direction. I hope the NCAA does not go this route.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I don’t think Spring Football is the answer some think it could be. 

Football stadiums are used for many other events, including Spring sports. Trying to schedule an entire football season for 130 teams in the Spring will be a logistical nightmare. Then you throw in seniors and draft eligible juniors opting to sit out for NFL draft prep; the wear and tear on the players’ bodies to play in the Spring followed by the quick turn around to then play again in the Fall; horrible Spring weather for some northern schools . . . I think we’re going to get a shortened season in the Fall or no 2020 season at all. 

1 3

User Suspended
        @a2ute

^This

We’ll see some teams play more games then others this fall based on safety. No rankings this year. possibly a few bowl games for the blue bloods who survive.

It’s going to be very weird and very disappointing

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

guys. the draft isn’t changing. if football is moved to the spring. All of the top prospects will be gone. I think they try it and see how far they can get.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

As teams and their opponents have positive cases come up, they will be forced into quarantine. There will be a lot of cancelled, postponed, and rescheduled games. I’d bet by the end of the year most teams will have played 3 or 4 games. There won’t be a CFP because there won’t be enough data on everyone. But there will be bowl games, and I bet they make every team eligible.

1 3

User Suspended
        @a2ute

kinda what i said.  See, I new we can agree with more things than not. I know you wear a mask   

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football College Football possibly moved to Spring?