Couple random thoughts

Viewing 4 reply threads
      6 1

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

I thought the refs did a fantastic job (Minus the PI called, which was uncalled when UF did the same to us) It’s amazing the difference between competent officials (The SEC crew) and what we’re used to in the PAC.

I was also surprised at the number of FSU and Georgia fans who attended, really impressed by their UF hate – I’m sure many are local and just wanted to see Florida lose but some sitting by me flew in from ATL to make a weekend of it (and go to the national parks)

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

That middle judge was awful. Many of his calls were late or just wrong. The review was wrong because the initial call was wrong.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I believe he also got in the way on 2-3 crucial plays.

9 1

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Any game that doesn’t involve 7 or more stoppages to check for targeting is a big improvement over Pac-12 refs

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Can’t argue with this

PAC12Teams
        Ute Fan
        @utahbb

I watched the end ASU vs CSU game. I player from SUU ejected on a block downfield for Targeting. 1 game with Pac officials, 1 ejection.

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

The targeting part of that was inexcusable. Maybe the worst targeting ever.

Guys yesterday would’ve never.

RedRocks
          Ute Fan
          @hypodactylus

Strange that an SUU player was ejected from an ASU vs CSU game 😉.

Jokes aside, that ASU/SUU final score does not look good for ASU…

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Can anybody explain to me why the 4th down pass to Piersall just the play before Florida’s TD was not called incomplete? It certainly looked like the tip of the ball hit the ground before he cradled it completely.

2 2

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

The last view showed the ball flipping but not hitting the ground. It was the lowest angle and if that was the one the Ref saw, I could see him not overturning. All of the higher angles looked like a trap but it’s got to be definitive.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Thanks for the explanation…hard to understand how the ball could flip how it did without hitting the ground first. Water under the bridge now…

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

There was also a second bounce where he clearly trapped the ball

W16Ute
        Ute Fan
        @w16ute

I honestly felt like I couldn’t tell if the ball hit the ground or not from the views I saw on the big screen. Wanted to watch out again when I got home to look if it was taped between his body and the ground but given what I saw I expected it to stand

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Reviews were apparently deemed inconclusive. Doubt very much had it been ruled a trap at first that the review would have reversed the call.

Agree on the above statement that it was nice not to have multiple reviews for targeting on clean hits.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Couple random thoughts