Craig Smith (Utah St) has 3 NCAA tournament appearances in 3 years.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      5 2

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Tying coach K’s # of appearances in 10 years. Fuuuuuuudge! (Except I didn’t say fudge).

2 3

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Apples and oranges in terms of level of competition week in and week out.  I like the guy but I would be greatly disappointed if we pulled from that level.  

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

That level? What level do you think we should be pulling from?

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @rickyrules

Well, everyone on this board thinks we are an elite basketball program so why would we take a coach from Utah State?  Unless Alex Jensen is walking through the door I think we would be money ahead letting Larry coach out his contract and see what he can do next season without COVID and a more mature team.  It can’t get any worse and he has proven he can take some veteran teams to the dance already.  I just think the buyout money could be spent on better endeavors.

If we are truly an elite team and we seem to be overflowing with money since Larry is so highly paid, you would think coaches would be beating down our door.  Are they?

1 1

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

Your making it sound like the PAC12 has all these amazing teams. Just watch the BIG 12 for a week or two and you’ll realize just how behind PAC12 basketball really is.
        MW has some pretty good competition, Nevada, UNLV, NM, Boise St, Utah St and SDSU have historically all been good programs.

1 2

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Utah took a step down in the level of competition for Basketball in the PAC12.
        Arizona cheats so if you want to talk about that being unfair. MWC is a quality basketball conference though compared to the mismanagement of the P12.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Craig Smith (Utah St) has 3 NCAA tournament appearances in 3 years.