Did anyone else see how irritated Julian Blackmon was getting after

Viewing 4 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

About the 5th time our announcer said “Armand Shyne back to recieve”? It was a little embarrassing, considering Shyne hasn’t been playing for several weeks.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

Yeah, Rungy (sp) is pretty bad. RES needs a new announcer. He was also confusing Troy and Joe Williams.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Rungy kept saying Shyne was returning kicks too.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

How our home announcer can make this mistake time after time after time in unconscionable. Kicking an old man in the nuts is not my go to move but it would be well deserved. And isn’t anyone sitting next to that dumb f**k? They need a kick in crotch too.

Crow
        Ute Fan
        @crow

My friend worked for KALL 700 in 2003 we were sitting in the KALL suite when the producer came in and asked my friend if we could be spotters for Bill Malcroff. It was Eric Weddles first start against Oregon and I had the time of my life. I miss good ol Bill calling the games for the U in my early child hood when Utah was not on tv I remember turning on the radio and listening to him call the game.

Trumpet Ute
          Ute Fan
          @trumpetute

Bill had a golden voice, great stories, and a smooth cadence. His vision went south on him towards the end of his broadcasting career.  He has since received eye surgery. I wish we could get him back in the booth, even if it were just for football.

Hoo Ray Who?
            Ute Fan
            @mattybumbo

I really enjoy Marcroft’s little segment on the KALL pregame show. You can tell there are times where he’s just being an old man relliving fond memories adn in my opinion those are the best moments. He has seen this program through so much and while Riles does an outstanding job, even he refers to Bill as “The Voice of the Utes” when he’s on. 

Dhisatake
      Ute Fan
      @dhisatake

Rungy also confuses Sunia with Tyler Cooperwood, so does the scoreboard operator.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Last year, he was confusing Kylie Fitts and Raelon Singleton since both wear number 11.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Did anyone else see how irritated Julian Blackmon was getting after