Do other fanbases constantly fabricate stories and post them online

Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

to make their rivals seem worse than they really are? BYU fans do this regularly and its always blown my mind. Im not even going to TOUCH the psychoanalysis of what goes into someone deciding to do something like that. Im sure that some are based off an experience but it is so wildly exaggerated that the story would be unrecognizable when compared to the original. I followed a link into the hole that is cougarboard last night and read a story where 5 drunk ute fans peed on a 7 year old, his dad tried to break it up so they beat him up, and when he went to the police the cops just told him to leave. PEOPLE BELIEVED HIM. un. real.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

There’s a joke about affinity fraud in there somewhere.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well I hear the same stories about growing up during the 80’s in Utah from Ute fans. So traumatizing!!! People are typically just  douchebags regardless of the reasons behind it.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Weren’t they making up some story about women getting raped at Rice Eccles during the game or something? You’re right.

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

I have definitely wondered this. I’ve only really followed this rivalry so haven’t really had a grasp on comparison but have long thought it’s extremely weird. Michigan – OSU / M-State, Tenn-Ala, SC-UCLA, Wazzu-Wa, etc, all fans are fanatics but I have yet to hear about fake fan behavior to up fav team status.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Do other fanbases constantly fabricate stories and post them online