Dorian Singer is a U$C Trojan

Viewing 7 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

I know he was a super high target for us. 

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Was always a long shot, but still sucks 😏

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

So, he’s now going to find out what it’s like to face a Utah Defense…

prestitute
        Ute Fan
        @prestitute

I think he already knew, right? 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

The rich get richer. I hate U$C. Can’t wait to watch them wallow in perpetual 5th place in the B1G. I’ll tune into every game to cheer against them. Especially those cold and snowy November road games they’ll be forced to play in. Can’t wait.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

No surprise. Utah WR recruiting is a tough sell with next season QB uncertainty.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

I’m not sure we were ever really close with Singer honestly…had SC written all over him. On to Reynolds or Guillory. Remember there will be an influx of transfers after the bowl season and we really only have 2-4 spots left unless others leave (which they probably will. We’re going to be very particular with who we bring in at this point.

Adding a WR/TE is almost a given but we do have a lot of young WR depth that will play in the near future.

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

A boat load of WRs on the roster right now, maybe some of these guys step up that have been working with Nate Johnson on the scout team similar to Vele and Rising. A lot to play out after Rising makes a decision. Interested to see what Kuithe does if Rising leaves Utah. Does he go to the NFL, stay at Utah, or hit the portal?

D T
            Ute Fan
            @azute1

BK won’t be hitting the portal….That’s crazy talk.

KoolWhitt
          Ute Fan
          @koolwhitt

Thanks as always OnlyU. To your point on roster slots, is Utah somewhat waiting on Vele before hitting the transfer portal hard for a WR, especially with today’s Trib report that he is leaning towards staying? Or does Utah add a transfer WR regardless?

Guillory seems to be getting offers from everywhere and seems to be almost as coveted as Singer was. Do you think we have a good shot at him?

Also, do you know if Utah is going after Junior Anguilau? Do they see him as a possible replacement for Braeden Daniels? Is OL a need given limited roster space? Would love to have him but also saw that he just had an OV at Oregon. Would be nice not only to get him but also to keep him from going there of all places.

Finally, do you think there will be any rabbit out of a hat moments for us on signing day this year? That is, we land someone awesome that no one really thought we would get, ala Clark Phillips?

Sorry for the questions and thanks for any insight you can share!

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

We are definitely in the mix for Junior. I think he’s better suited inside however so I’m not sure how what that would mean with two starters coming back. The injury recovery would also come into to play. I think you take him either way if he wants in and he just adds to incredible depth on the O-line. Deepest group in YEARS!!

I think the only signing day surprise could be John Randle Jr. The other few slots likely won’t happen until the Feb signing period. I don’t expect any negative flips.

Utah will kick the tires on any WR that can help us but landing the right one may take another 30-60 days. Last years freshman group could be really solid however so I don’t think the cupboard is empty, I think they’ll add a WR regardless of what Vele decides.

KoolWhitt
              Ute Fan
              @koolwhitt

Amazing, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! Very glad to hear that you don’t expect any negative flips; I was very worried about Helu until he reaffirmed his commitment to Utah yesterday.

Also super happy to hear that we might still land Randle. He has seemed to be a Utah lean for months now and I know he was on his OV for the USC game which obviously went well but other than that things have been super quiet. No news is not always good news but here’s hoping that with him it is.

Thanks again!

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

There are plenty of other fish in the sea. But let’s not forget that we are not a wide receiver friendly team. We should be going after that one year of eligibility star. Or kids that we have recruited hard and developed a relationship with from CA, TX or Fl. A couple that look promising is…Deandrae McCray from Florida playing for Austin Peay or Arland Bruce IV from TX playing for Iowa. They would be great gets for the Utes!

Zigziggler
        Ute Fan
        @zigziggler

As far as TE is concerned…Blake Smith out of TXAM looks fantastic. He looks a lot like Kincaid. We even offered him back in 2019.

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Another one year rental for U$C. Jordan Addison went from being the best WR in football to just another receiving contributor with the Trojans. I’m sure Singer doesn’t believe that’s what’s going to happen to him but who knows what the future brings.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

It’s 2 years.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Singer will be a junior next year.  Do you really think he stays for his senior season?  Addison sure didn’t.  These guys have zero loyalty to whatever program they’re going to.  Singer is going to USC for two reasons: the added exposure of playing with a Heisman QB and his NIL bonus check.  Williams will leave USC after next season and so will Singer.

RedUte14
            Ute Fan
            @redute14

Thought he was a frosh

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dorian Singer is a U$C Trojan