Easy to hate NFL teams

Viewing 3 reply threads
      2 4

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

Between their obnoxious fan base and players that over-celebrate every single play, I’m beginning to think the Seattle Seahawks are the BYU Cougars of the NFL.

Not to mention they’ve got a douche for a coach and at least a dozen douche players. The Seahawks are in contention for the most hatable team in the NFL. Right now the Patriots have them beat in this category, but the Seahawks are definitely gaining ground quickly.

BulgieUte
      Ute Fan
      @bulgieute

Seattle is near the top of their league so I gotta say BS on your comparison to the zoobs.

iamthepreacher
        Ute Fan
        @iamthepreacher

Yes, that is the one area in which they are very different. I agree with you there.

Trumpet Ute
      Ute Fan
      @trumpetute

I have a short memory. Who are the Cougars?

FormerUteSax
        Ute Fan
        @formerutesax

They play up there in warshington just like the Seahawks

2 2

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

As a lifetime Seahawks fan, this post will be undoubtedly biased. But I felt the need to respond when my pro team was compared to one of the most deplorable teams in athletic history.

As far as the obnoxious fan base goes: you’ll find those in any fan base. It may be worse in recent history due to the success of the team, but I don’t think we’re nearly as annoying as all the Broncos fans here in Salt Lake, or Cowboys fans nation wide. Or Pats fans, period.

Over-celebrating, again, happens on every single play in the NFL. Look at Antonio Brown, JJ Watt (when he’s healthy), Dez Bryant, O.D.B. Jr, Josh Norman, the list goes on.

As far as douche coach and players, I’m assuming you’re talking about Pete Carroll’s USC years. Yeah, recruiting violations, eligibility issues at a marquee program. That’s never happened before. Pick any program, especially between 2000-2010, and I’m sure you could find problems. He did bolt the program as soon as he could in order to skirt any repercussions, I’ll give you that. But as far as I’m concerned, he’s a good coach (players love to play for him) and a good dude.

Regarding douche players, I’m going to go out on a limb and assume you’re mostly speaking to Richard Sherman. I have a love/hate relationship with Sherman. He’s incredibly smart and works hard. But he’s a headcase as well. Aside from our Superbowl season, I would not consider his play to be “elite”, nor would I place him in the category of a true “shutdown corner”. He’s good, really good at times. But especially this season he’s been caught out of position a number of times and gotten beat a few times.

He plays with passion and that gets him in some messy situations with officials and opposing players. He likes to run his mouth, and it bugs me. I think I’d be okay with it if he was truly playing at an elite level. If you’re referring to the field goal debacle last night. I do think there was a case for roughing the kicker, but it wasn’t a “dirty” play. He was diving to make a play on the ball and there’s no way he could’ve adjusted his momentum or angle by the time the whistle was blown.

Anyway, just my two cents, from a somewhat biased source.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Defending Shermans hit on the Bills kicker? You just might have pretty thick Seahawk glasses. He knew he was offside and took a cheap shot on a defenseless player. Not a fan of Rex Ryan or anything either but damn I would have lost my s**t. 

The bull crap no call PI on Julio Jones and the Falcons drives me nuts even more. Sherman is an asswipe that runs his mouth and gets help over the top. 

Seahawks seems to have made their living off the NFL allowing bullcrap calls where other teams have been flagged for it. People bad mouth the Pats but they are far more credible because they actually get punished. 

Pete Carrol cheats in the NFL as well and got draft picks taken away. 

iamthepreacher
          Ute Fan
          @iamthepreacher

Bingo. Also notice that the Seahawks have played in lots of close games the last few years and many of them have featured highly controversial calls (or no calls) that magically seem to go in favor of the Seahawks every time. In addition to last night’s blown unnecessary roughness call, here are a few others that come to mind:

Oct. 16, 2016: No Pass Interference- Julio Jones is mugged by Sherman during final drive. No PI called. Seahawks 26, Falcons 24

Oct. 5, 2015: “BatGate”. Officials did not flag K.J. Wright for illegally punching the ball out of the end zone. Seahawks 13, Lions 10

Sept. 24, 2012: “Fail Mary”. Officialls decided to curiously award a touchdown to Golden Tate instead of the interception to the Packers safety. Seahawks 14, Packers 12

That’s 4 off the top of my head. It’s almost like Paul Allen has a few connection$ in the league office.

Anonymous
            Inactive

Intercepttouchdown is by far the worst and it was replacement officials but ALL scoring plays are reviewed and it wasn’t overturned.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL Easy to hate NFL teams