Fassel

Viewing 6 reply threads

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

anyone here remeber the Daffy Duck plays by Fassel?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Oh yeah.  Watched them live and in person.  If my memory serves me correctly, the duck mostly was a failure. 

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

The Duck formation was created largely out of necessity due to crippling injuries on the offensive line if I remember correctly.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Wow, yeah I remember that play, I had to have 8 or so years old and loved and always hoped they’d use it more. I have no idea if it was a viable play long term, but loved the fun and name as an 8 year old.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

My recollection was that it was typically used inside the ten.  We didn’t have a power-running attack.  The Duck formation gave us a chance against bigger stronger teams.  

The offense was fun to watch with or without the Duck formation.  The defense on the other hand was terrible.  We gave up 71 points to the team from Provo.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

We ran it with success in little league. 

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Thank you coach Fassel. Sorry to hear of your passing.

OldAsDirtUte
        Ute Fan
        @oldasdirtute

Bubbles sighting @ 09:43

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

That was the first and only day I spoke to Bubbles. I was sneaking into the student section as she was going up the stairs to her seat. She said “excuse me dear.” Will never forget it.

After both of her performances (one on the field and one at her seat), I helped lifting Pi Phis up the student section. Good times for someone too young to be there.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.