Fire Larry

Viewing 8 reply threads
      3 10

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

done with it. There is no reason why the 8th highest paid coach IN THE COUNTRY should lose to COASTAL CAROLINA by 20+ points. this is atrocious, no halftime adjustments at all. horrible

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

What is the buyout? 

11 3

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Jeezuz dude. Our team is made up of a bunch of freshmen, a few sophomores, and Alphonso Plummer. Yes, he shares some blame for the transfers, but the guys that left are not any better than the ones we have currently playing for us.

Our team has vastly exceeded expectations thus far this season. Coastal Carolina was playing at home, and they are a very mature team. These things happen. It was never about this season’s results, you just got caught up in a few good games.

1 4

Dante Guardi
        Ute Fan
        @danteg12

our team is made up of 4 star recruits. our whole starting lineup is 4 star recruits. did u miss the part when we got boatraced in the second half by a middle of the pack Sun Belt team? I mean there were no adjustments whatsoever

6 2

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

VERY YOUNG 4* recruits. We played against a team of very old players on their home court on the other side of the country. Yes, we played like crap. Yes we got our butts kicked, but it’s one game. Not a big deal at all.

Ma’ake Kava
            Ute Fan
            @ma-ake

Agree – I’m at this tournament. It was one of those games where we couldn’t hit FTs, and CC were throwing in all kinds of 3s. One of their guards was 6-9 from long range.

This game was the opposite of Miss Valley State (except we didn’t lose by 94).

This team has a long way to go, but Gach isn’t *that* bad of shooter, and our freshmen won’t look like they’re still in HS, every game.

Make no mistake – the highlights were meager: We kept fighting, and Thione showed promise as an energy big. We took a lot of charges.

I won’t predict a win vs Ohio, but I do predict growth.

utefansince79
              Ute Fan
              @utefansince79

Missed FTs were costly.  Twice late in the first half we went to the line down 28-30 with a chance to tie the game and missed the front end of a 1-and-1 (then missed at least 2 more front ends in the second half).

StaunchUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @panmam

The players are young because Larry can’t keep them more than a couple years. Every year he has to reteach a 1970’s NBA offense to a bunch of young new guys.
        I’d like to make a change in coaching but his contract is so ridiculously expensive that we have to keep him for at least this year and next but after that a buyout would be more logical. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

ThurstonW
          Ute Fan
          @thurstonw

What…… you believe 9 years of rebuilding is too many?  🙂

4 2

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Sorry… But the Larry excuses got old two seasons ago. Same ole Same ole.

4 2

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

where were you people calling for his head after the last three games??? Larry’s perceived issues are what they are, and they haven’t changed since the start of the season. WTF is same ole same ole even referring to? This is our first loss of the year, against a very old team (one dude looked like he was nearing his 40s).

We got our butts handed to us, it happens. This loss changes absolutely nothing, and has zero effect on where we are going as a team.

1 4

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Sun Belt Conference team picked seventh in the conference and basically got blown out. Even if you make the free throws it is still a blowout. 

3 1

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

and???? Who cares? It changes nothing. It is a meaningless result. This isn’t football. This team isn’t vying for the CFP. This game will not effect the trajectory of the season in any way shape or form. Utah basketball is not back, and it never was back. If you overreacted to the first three games that is your problem. The future of this program is next year’s class combined with a few players from this year’s class. RELAX, it’s a long season.

2 4

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I think that is the problem. I figured it out. Larry has been aiming for the CFP…. Totally makes sense now why they do this.
              Basketball under Larry K has been two steps forward followed by a drunked stumble backwards down the drain.

1 1

chinngiskhaan
                Ute Fan
                @chinngiskhaan

Where were you calling for his head after the last three games?  I’m not arguing that Larry should stay. I just think it’s hilarious that you all come out of the woodwork when we lose our first game after winning two games nobody thought we would win, and absolutely dominating a D1 squad.

1 2

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

I think it is more hilarious that you defend this and use the same ole excuses. They are young they are new to the program this and that and blah blah. 

No excuses Utah shouldn’t get smoked by CC. 

chinngiskhaan
                    Ute Fan
                    @chinngiskhaan

Of course they shouldn’t have. It was a bad loss. Bad losses happen in basketball all the time. This one loss is not a good reason to call for the coach to be fired

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

Also I am not calling for his head. Just saying he is accountable for this loss. That’s it. Give Larry K and his staff some accountability.  

chinngiskhaan
                    Ute Fan
                    @chinngiskhaan

They are responsible. Nobody said they weren’t

2 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I’ve been calling for his head for three years. But, his buyout is so insane that it isn’t even a debatable point. It’s great he recruits so well, until his best players leave every year, he struggles with out of bounce plays and in- game adjustments and doesn’t ever take accountability. The fact I’m not surprised they got blown out is the problem. They will always win some games in SLC. The altitude is real. Once the three NBA guys left all they he’s shown is he can’t sustain a winning program. There is no excuse for not making the tournament every other year when you have the resources and players that he gets.

3 3

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

his best players leave every year do they? DO THEY? Please, elaborate. I BEG YOU! The best player left ONE TIME. He has been here for how many years now? Is this his second year coaching for us? NO? IT’S NOT? Well, then I guess you must be wrong.

Unless of course you count when Poeltl, Wright, and Kuzma left… TO THE NBA!

Look. I’m not opposed to moving on from Larry, but the transfer complaints are kind of a joke. Actually look at who has left and tell me that it has really damaged the forward progress of this team. Jayce is terrible. Carlson is better in every possible way. Tillman is the ONLY guy that has transferred that we have ever missed at all. ONE DUDE. He was the second best player on a mediocre team.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Lol. Proven wrong, gives down vote . Real mature.

2 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I didn’t down vote you. So I’ll end the argument with this. The discussion is replacing Larry is meaningless because we can to buy out his ridiculous contract. So we are stuck. I’m sure he will win some games this year that no body saw coming. But at the end of the year it will be the same ole story. I hope he proves me wrong. But I’ve been waiting for three years with the same results.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Can not

ThurstonW
      Ute Fan
      @thurstonw

Calm down people….take a sweet grass break and move on to the next game….

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

What we learned is this young team does not have the mental ability to come from behind yet. Possibly, it was falling behind double digits that produced the bad results. It seemed they played much better in the tight part of the game. They need to learn and experience coming back from 10 down. They also do not play well with one of the two key players having an off night, not enough options developed yet.

If all the fans that get negative so quickly would just get into coaching we could have all teams winning more than 90% of all games. Was it George Patton that said, ‘the other side has a plan also’? But yes, it is a setback when we lose to a ‘lesser’ team.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.