Football tickets

Viewing 13 reply threads

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Am I the only one shocked by my season ticket invoice? I am now being asked to pay $180.00 per seat per game. That’s a 25% increase over last year.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve been afraid to look. Where are your seats? Does that include CC?

ColumbiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @columbiaute

Ours are in section 45 bleacher, aisle seats. It ends up being $80/seat per game. We may have to sell a game or two to soften the blow. 

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

w-14 and yes that includes CC and all other fees.  

GibUtes
      Ute Fan
      @gibutes

We have two pairs of tickets, not by each other. Probably will go down to just a single pair.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I’ll try to add silver lining by saying that we do have 7 home games this year. But I agree, the raising prices is getting ridiculous.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

That’s why I listed per game. I realize there is one more, which makes the overall total even more daunting.  

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

31% increase for me.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

supply chain issues

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

The cost of Success

1 2

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

Part of the increase is having the seventh game. Yes, tickets are more, but the increase isn’t as much as it looks proportionately.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

It’s not, I figured it on a per game price, not the total.  The total overall for me was close to 1400 more than last year.  (I have 4 tickets)

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Keep in mind that this will also hurt NIL deals.  The co-ops that have been formed so that anyone able to give a litle can help the players will suffer as ticket holders won’t be able to support them.  Very shortsighted and poor plan of attach by Harlan.  Very frustrating.  

Everyone likes to dog on Hill for what happened to the BB program, but at least he understood Utah wages and cost of living.  Harlan has no clue nor does he care to understand.  IMHO he is building his revenue building resume to move onward and upward.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

IMHO he is building his revenue building resume to move onward and upward.

Could be… it’s not like Harlan has any close and continuing ties to Utah. Maybe he’s got his eye on the B1G commissioner’s opening?

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

LOL… that’s why I go to basketball games. I bought good tickets for every PAC home game on the secondary market and my bill didn’t even come close to $100. Since there are so many empty seats, relatively speaking, I’m always moving down and watching the games from the second or third row… can’t beat that.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

You are good at finding deals.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

So ironic a few decades ago hoops prices kept going up each year but there were a few home football games where they let fans exchange a can of food for the Utah Food Bank for a general admission seat in the north end zone (back when they had pine trees there before the remodel).

McAfeeKnob
          Ute Fan
          @ogdenparaiso

I fear if the most loyal fans are priced and and then there are a few losing seasons those loyal fans won’t come back even when they make the tickets more affordable again.

There won’t be curtains large enough for RES.

tgi56slc
      Ute Fan
      @tgi56slc

My lower North End Zone seats went up 25% from approx $60 a ticket to $75

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Lots of complaining, for very valid reasons.

Who will cancel or keep their season tickets amongst the increased price?

Tony – this may be a good poll.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

According to an article I read it is a 15% increase from last year and there was a 12% increase the year before.  I know that college football is all about the money.  But, I think the University needs to be careful.  27% increase over two years is way too much IMO.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Can the market not afford it? I assumed most Salt Lakers have a healthy disposable income.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Usually pattern is when moving from 6 to 7 home games, same price per game but increase the total due to the extra game, then when going back from 7 to 6, keep total price the same (so per game increases).  But this year they really hit us hard with the double whammy.

Seeing a significant number of posters here and elsewhere (more than in the past) with people saying they need to let some or all of their seats go.  I perceive there are lots of people waiting to jump in and pick these up, but at some point there would seem to be a ceiling for what people out there can afford.  

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

Well since the cost of living in Utah is typically higher than surrounding states and our average wage is lower than most states in the union, I would say the Harlan is tetoring way to close to the edge.  You can love a team more than most, but the bills have to be paid.  

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Thank you for the information. I was not aware of those statistics.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Here’s a question…do students get free tickets to Ute football games? I know I had to buy season tickets out of my own pocket when I went there.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Football tickets